Sign in to follow this  
Serena

Anette Olzon (2º part)

141 posts in this topic

Since the other topic reached 100 pages, let's start a new one.

News from today!!!

Keep the ball running!! :D

The first The Dark Element album was a lot of fun, and I preferred it over both Cane's Offering and Anette's solo album. :P Wasn't perfect (there are some really bad lyrics as others have pointed out), but I enjoyed it for what it was.  Excited for the next album!

Yeah, I'm hoping they up their lyrics game for the next album. That's by far my biggest complaint about both their first one and Cain's Offering.

Cheers for a new thread for a new Anette era.

She seems to be doing pretty well with her two bands. At least she's having fun and her presence in music is bigger than many people expected.

The Dark Element was a total slay (yes the ballads were trash and some lyrics were super bad, but I think "Last good day" and "I cannot raise the dead" were pretty clever) so the second one can't come soon enough.

13 minutes ago, JRA said:

They barely toured for this one. :(

I like their debut album and it's a pretty enjoyable album, just like EFMB..

That's weird that they're not touring that much though I can say that the album has been well-acclaimed.

I guess both parties are busy with their primary projects, or people seemed to diss Anette because of soooo many things related to her parting ways with Nightwish.

18 hours ago, JRA said:

They barely toured for this one. :(

Given that this is more of a "side project" for Jani, and that Anette is primarily concentrating on her non-musical career, I suspect that we probably won't see much in the way of touring from TDE. But it looks like they might make up for that side of things with some fairly prolific album output if the current rate is anything to go by. I enjoyed the first album and I'm still listening to a fair few of the songs nearly a year later, so yeah, I'm looking forward to hearing some more. Wouldn't mind Jani trying a few experiments with the song structures this time around though. And I wonder if Anette might contribute some lyrics/ music to this album (especially the ballads, no offence to Jani but yeah...)

Screw that.  I want Anette singing My Selene goddammit!

12 hours ago, hunebedbouwer said:

Delete this thread!

Also, why?

@JRA

Please, read PART 1 from start to finish, think about it........ and let it all sink in............ Then come back to me when PART 3 is posted:P

On 8/16/2018 at 11:37 PM, JRA said:

Screw that.  I want Anette singing My Selene goddammit!

Also, why?

C'mon, there's a lot of better songs for her to sing.

Maybe she could sing Victoria's secret with some visual details :P.

I am curious to get a sophomore album by "The Dark Element" - The sound fits her to so much better than what she tried to deliver with her solo album. 

That said, I really hope that the lyrics will improve his time around. On the debut album, they somehow sound very cheesy.

A new date was announced for TDE in Stockholm. Their tour looks like:

October 6th, 2018 -  Tokyo, JP

October 7th, 2018 -  Osaka, JP

October 13th, 2018 - Stockholm, SE

I wish they could squeeze a few dates in Brazil too, but I guess the next step is the second album.

11 minutes ago, Florin said:

I think she sounds very good and I like the energy too.

Cool!! :D

I need a full video of that gig. Yeah, it seems like she is now more comfortable with the songs, great. I can´t wait for the second album:)

Dead to Me live. A little faster than the original or maybe it is just my imagination. Anyway, I like it.

4 minutes ago, Serena said:

Love it!! :D

You can find on that channel more videos. hep hep hep! (My sweet mystery) :clap: