Sign in to follow this  
Serena

Anette Olzon (2º part)

122 posts in this topic

I certainly agree that it's nothing innovative, but I think it's well done, fun and catchy.

Personally, I'm waiting for them to combine The Dark Element and Cain's Offering. Just call it "Dark Offering" :D It would be nice to hear a duet between Anette and Timo.

35 minutes ago, NighttimeBird said:

I'm not hearing the similarity to Escapist. It didn't remind me of that at all.

The orchestral riff at the very beginning of Escapist, during the intro, is almost identical to the string/synth riff in this song

So, in light of Anette’s success with the Dark Element and becoming a nurse, who remembers the dark ages of the Anette threads, where y’all wrote pages upon pages psychoanalyzing the woman, saying her music career is dead and buried,  that her short haircut signifies a mental breakdown, etc.

:P

Song is just ok.  That's not a good thing.  Makes me want to just listen to My Sweet Mystery.  Come on Jani, you're sitting on money here.

Also what happened to the other members?  I know the s/t probably didn't earn much scratch but if they can't even pay other members to show up for a video it's not a good look.  It looked dumb with Northward too but at least Floor said Northward would never play live.

2 hours ago, River Wild said:

So, in light of Anette’s success with the Dark Element and becoming a nurse, who remembers the dark ages of the Anette threads, where y’all wrote pages upon pages psychoanalyzing the woman, saying her music career is dead and buried,  that her short haircut signifies a mental breakdown, etc.

I think it's the uh...well, lack of interviews recently. :P

4 hours ago, River Wild said:

It basically is. I hate to write this, but she's no Tarja.  No, really. Releasing a couple of albums every few years without a proper tour to support them, and just expecting people to buy them isn't exactly having a successful musical career 

8 hours ago, Symphoniker said:

I hate to write this, but she's no Tarja.  No, really. Releasing a couple of albums every few years without a proper tour to support them, and just expecting people to buy them isn't exactly having a successful musical career 

You are just telling the truth! :D

20 hours ago, Symphoniker said:

It basically is. I hate to write this, but she's no Tarja.  No, really. Releasing a couple of albums every few years without a proper tour to support them, and just expecting people to buy them isn't exactly having a successful musical career 

Meh, looks like people bought it if there was a second one.

I think I listened to the first one once. I am happy she is interested in producing heavy music again, as per her niche fan base. 

Edit: I can’t believe how many years those old threads were beaten.

I know this picture is old, but do you have any idea where it was made?floor_anette.jpg.bba83fb70631b7835ceeeac7407a4704.jpg

Anette had that streak in her hair around 2008. 

2 minutes ago, Florin said:

I know this picture is old, but do you have any idea where it was made?floor_anette.jpg.bba83fb70631b7835ceeeac7407a4704.jpg

Anette had that streak in her hair around early 2008. At least she had it while on tour in Australia which was in January. 

8 hours ago, Florin said:

I guess this picture was taken around August or September 2007. Both Anette and Floor had an interview together back in the day for a magazine.

Floor mentioned their meeting on this interview.

Spoiler

"And that's working, like last Tuesday I had an interview together with Anette Olzon, the new singer of Nightwish. There was one reporter, and he asked us to react on a few questions. That was awesome to get to know her, to know that this is going to be in one of those big magazines."

Really enjoying the new single.  Yes, it could easily have been on album 1, but why change it if it's working?  Good luck to them I say, I'll be purchasing it and enjoying, their music is particulary good for running to....

For me the songs feels ike similar  from debut album. Same thing was with every new album with her on Alyson Avenue :P

The style is similar, but the sound is punchier, so I feel like I might like this one better.

Pills on my Pillow is a little too cheerful sounding for that title.

On 9/11/2019 at 4:29 PM, GhostHell said:

I guess this picture was taken around August or September 2007. Both Anette and Floor had an interview together back in the day for a magazine.

Floor mentioned their meeting on this interview.

Hide contents

"And that's working, like last Tuesday I had an interview together with Anette Olzon, the new singer of Nightwish. There was one reporter, and he asked us to react on a few questions. That was awesome to get to know her, to know that this is going to be in one of those big magazines."

"M-W: Ok, to conclude, a more general question: what is the most positive thing about being the singer of After Forever?

Well, the fact that I can sing things that are written by myself: lyrics and melodies. It's great to be able to do that. For instance, look at Anette, or even Tarja from Nightwish, she sang what Tuomas wrote: his lines, his words. And I can do my thing, I'm totally myself in this band, and I think that's the most important thing! "

This interview did not age well!

Edit: Sorry for double posting! Meant to edit the last one.

Fixed - Serena

34 minutes ago, Serena said:

For me this band feels like AA rocky version with the simillar mood,melodies running through the whole album tracks