Sign in to follow this  
Serena

Anette Olzon (2º part)

196 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Serena said:

I like it! Songs the Night Sings still is a better single, but this one doesn't disappoint. Anette also looks great and healthy. I'm so looking forward to their album. :music:

Don't know why it is, but this just sounds so much more generic than the stuff on the debut album, which I still enjoy and listen to. Does it need more listens? It's... possible, but I don't know...

Already when the first single dropped, I wrote that it seemed to me that they were playing it very safe with this album, and this latest song confirms that. Not Your Monster is fine song, but nothing that stands out as something new or different. Oh well, don't fix it if its not broken, I guess. 

1 hour ago, everdreamer1990 said:

The chorus sounds like Ghost & The Reaper.

Not a bad song but their stuff is all so samey. 

For me begining of this song,music sounds similar as this track too

I wonder what made her change her mind about headbanging. She said it looked stupid back when she was in Nightwish.

I don't mind everything sounding samey, honestly. The Dark Element, just like Cain's Offering before it, is just one of those bands. It's a bit like fast food. It's not fine cuisine, but it can still be quite tasty and sometimes it's just nice to know what you're gonna get for your money.

Listened to "Not Your Monster." She sings very well, but the whole song sounds like generitc symphonic metal. I dont have a feeling that a real orchestra played those symphonies since it sounds kinda fake. Same feeling im getting with bands like Epica. 

1 hour ago, Sten said:

Listened to "Not Your Monster." She sings very well, but the whole song sounds like generitc symphonic metal. I dont have a feeling that a real orchestra played those symphonies since it sounds kinda fake. Same feeling im getting with bands like Epica. 

The Dark Element uses synths though, as far as i know. Epica have been using real orchestras.

This was my favourite single off the album so far! Really like this project.

I got downvoted on Reddit for suggesting this, but the main riff (that starts at 20 sec) really reminded me of Alpenglow. But maybe it's in my head :laugh:

Disclaimer: Not suggesting that Jani would take any inspiration from Nightwish, but it's just interesting to me how the music is different yet in the same spectrum (I've seen others compare other TDE songs to The Escapist, SBTB and more)

23 minutes ago, beaverbasher said:

This was my favourite single off the album so far! Really like this project.

I got downvoted on Reddit for suggesting this, but the main riff (that starts at 20 sec) really reminded me of Alpenglow. But maybe it's in my head :laugh:

Disclaimer: Not suggesting that Jani would take any inspiration from Nightwish, but it's just interesting to me how the music is different yet in the same spectrum (I've seen others compare other TDE songs to The Escapist, SBTB and more)

I could definitely hear (Annette-era) Nightwish influence in the first TDE album, but it didn't bother me.  Love that album!

Their songs are starting to sound all the same to me and that's worrying. Their melodies are good, maybe they need to add some kind of arranger or new producer?

She looks great though.

7 hours ago, Ahasverus said:

Their songs are starting to sound all the same to me and that's worrying.

Maybe the singles look similar? We'll see tomorrow!

3 hours ago, Speckofdust said:

Yeah its catchy,I like Silence between the words song 😉

Me too! Anette sounds best when shes signing about a bitter sweet topic, like breakups. I dont know why, she just does.

Overall I love the album. I dont even care if some of the songs sound a bit the same, they are all catchy and fun to listen to. I find her signing to be a lot more expressive than her Nightwish days. Maybe she just relates more to the lyrics? They are a lot more down to earth and straightforward compared to Nightwish (no scent of grandfatherly love here).

7 hours ago, River Wild said:

Me too! Anette sounds best when shes signing about a bitter sweet topic, like breakups. I dont know why, she just does.

Overall I love the album. I dont even care if some of the songs sound a bit the same, they are all catchy and fun to listen to. I find her signing to be a lot more expressive than her Nightwish days. Maybe she just relates more to the lyrics? They are a lot more down to earth and straightforward compared to Nightwish (no scent of grandfatherly love here).

The best in this album are guitar solos

I have listened!

Even though they have been experimenting a bit more on this album, it's slightly less interesting than the previous one. But I like it, I should add! I had some worries after the latest two singles, but these worries fortunately turned out unjustified. I enjoyed those songs this time.

Right now I think the first half is stronger, and then it kinda dropped a bit after Pills On My Pillow (Wish I Had An Angel, anyone?), but maybe it's just me not being focused. When sitting down and actively listening, I am distracted by how loud and noisy the songs are at times, and my eternal struggle with Anette's accent. I see myself having this in the background while cooking or cleaning, as I usually do. :rolleyes:

Silence Between The Words is the best track of the bunch, as of now. Get Out Of My Head might be the worst, but that's not important.

1 hour ago, NeoGeorg said:

I have listened!

Even though they have been experimenting a bit more on this album, it's slightly less interesting than the previous one. I had some worries after the latest two singles, but these worries fortunately turned out unjustified. I enjoyed them this time.

Right now I think the first half is stronger, and then it kinda dropped a bit after Pills On My Pillow (Wish I Had An Angel, anyone?), but maybe it's just me not being focused. When sitting down and actively listening, I am distracted by how loud and noisy the songs are at times, and my eternal struggle with Anette's accent. I see myself having this in the background while cooking or cleaning, as I usually do. :rolleyes:

Silence Between The Words is the best track of the bunch, as of now. Get Out Of My Head might be the worst, but that's not important.

I not like Get out of my head too.. To Whatever End is good track too.Too bad that guitar sound in the chorus of TSBTW track  is so barely hearing its a so  nice melody...