Serena

Within Temptation II

838 posts in this topic

I love The Howling as a song, but I can't even compare that video to this one. This one has an actual budget and good directing. It's miles ahead technically. Artistically, I also find The Howling as generic as they come, while The Reckoning, even if it's nothing groundbreaking, has a much more pleasing and thought-out aesthetic. To each their own, but it's miles ahead for me. Best WT clip, followed by Paradise. The videos from The Unforgiving are not too shabby, either.

For me Paradise video is better! But it's a matter of taste! Looking forward to the next video! :D

Imagine if Nightwish made music videos like this one? Well, they did once... The Islander, which still looks amazing!

Soo they just released VIP tickets for the European tour and I gave in and bought them. They are not cheap! But I think they offer a bit more than what VIP tickets usually offer so I'm excited about that!

I'd also love to not see the setlist before the show I'll be in but that means having to wait for a month and a half and I don't think I can do that :P

48 minutes ago, Imagineer said:

Soo they just released VIP tickets for the European tour and I gave in and bought them. They are not cheap! But I think they offer a bit more than what VIP tickets usually offer

What do they offer?

22 minutes ago, Serena said:

What do they offer?

Meet and greet and photo with the band, backstage tour and you get to see the souncheck. Plus you get early access, a t-shirt, a tote bag and a lanyard.

2 minutes ago, Imagineer said:

Meet and greet and photo with the band, backstage tour and you get to see the souncheck. Plus you get early access, a t-shirt, a tote bag and a lanyard.

Wow!!! Have a great time!! :D

27 minutes ago, Imagineer said:

Sounds cool but 200 Euro is way too much for me...

3 hours ago, Martin said:

Sounds cool but 200 Euro is way too much for me...

Wow!! That's expensive!

3 hours ago, Imagineer said:

Thanks! :D

You welcome! Tell us everything!! :)

@Imagineer

Well, well, well mr. Imagineer Onassis............only thing to wish for is a kiss from Sharon......:P

Sharon's current looks look like a mix of a young Dolores O'Riordan and how Cleopatra is often portraited. With that hair and those looks she can almost do anything without losing her attractiveness.

Hilarious photo.............

1836e633d9434822f19c794ef1997fbb.jpg

In a Dutch women's magazine earlier this year, she admitted to regret missing a lot of her children's upbringing an awful lot. She knew that they were in good hands (superdad Robert), but that her being away for 3 months a year, hurt her much more than she did realize. It came, together with some other things, to the surface a few years ago. 

One of the best videos they made - I agree!

I also like the music video for The Howling. I like how Sharon looks very different in that black dress with feathers. But in terms of cinematography and such, The Reckoning wins the grand prize followed by Paradise and The Howling. Fire and Ice can be good too, but I felt like its story is too short (well, the song is too short in the first place, though).. 

3 hours ago, hunebedbouwer said:

@Imagineer

Well, well, well mr. Imagineer Onassis............only thing to wish for is a kiss from Sharon......:P

Sharon's current looks look like a mix of a young Dolores O'Riordan and how Cleopatra is often portraited. With that hair and those looks she can almost do anything without losing her attractiveness.

In a Dutch women's magazine earlier this year, she admitted to regret missing a lot of her children's upbringing an awful lot. She knew that they were in good hands (superdad Robert), but that her being away for 3 months a year, hurt her much more than she did realize. It came, together with some other things, to the surface a few years ago. 

Poor Sharon!! :D

9 hours ago, hunebedbouwer said:

@Imagineer

Haha it’s ok I can make it without the Sharon kiss. I don’t wanna be the creepy fan :P

Coming back to that photo........it looks like Robert is in so much pain! I think we can expect a solo album full with 'schlagers' from him soon....:giggle: Not looking forward to that!

It seems like we will be getting the second single soon. I'm guessing either this Friday or the next to coincide with the start of the tour. We all think it's going to be Raise yourr Banner but we actually don't know if this will be released as a single and JPC claims Endless War is the second single. Can't wait either way!

31 minutes ago, Imagineer said:

It seems like we will be getting the second single soon. I'm guessing either this Friday or the next to coincide with the start of the tour.

Yeah!!! More songs, please!!! :D

I really hope they are about to release "Raise Your Banner" (since we somehow already've heard it). I would like 'em to save some previously unheard material for the album.

Not too happy about the instrumental CD being exclusive to the Limited Box set, which I just realized. I don't care for picks and poker cards. And what is "MC"?  You can buy the Deluxe edition digitally for less than a fifth of the price. Always going for maximum profit, dang it! :horns:

20 minutes ago, NeoGeorg said:

Not too happy about the instrumental CD being exclusive to the Limited Box set, which I just realized. I don't care for picks and poker cards. And what is "MC"?  You can buy the Deluxe edition digitally for less than a fifth of the price. Always going for maximum profit, dang it! :horns:

Mc= Mini cassette. Yes, it seems like they are kind of back. Except from My Indigo and WT I’ve seen other bands release them as well. I think Muse will do that too with their new album. 

But yeah I’ll probably get the box but an ear book with both cds would be better. 

50 minutes ago, Imagineer said:

Mc= Mini cassette. Yes, it seems like they are kind of back. Except from My Indigo and WT I’ve seen other bands release them as well. I think Muse will do that too with their new album.

Pretty sure it's a regular cassette. From wikipedia:

" music cassettes (also known as Music-Cassettes, and later just Musicassettes; M.C. for short) "

Mini cassettes are something else, they're the smaller, lower quality ones that you could find in tape recorders.

Yeah maybe. I definitely saw mini cassette in jpc or some other store but that may have been a mistake. 

I'm very disappointed that they will not released their album on this.......good old 78 RPM records!!!! Shame on them! Also no singles on vinyl.......booooo

20170814124017_2017-08-14_Draaitafel78-t

Bloody hell, where did I leave that walkman again...........I'll have a rummage up in the attic.....

10 minutes ago, hunebedbouwer said:

Bloody hell, where did I leave that walkman again...........I'll have a rummage up in the attic.....

:D

I think I have and old one somewhere but I'm not sure it works, I barely have a CD player. Who still listens to cassettes anyway? I always hated them, the tape would get twisted and you had to roll it back. They were a pain :mda:

I'm just gonna get the regular edition of the album.