Serena

Within Temptation II

848 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Sophia said:

And Trophy Hunter might be the song I am waiting for. *crossesfingers*

I've seen a lot of people on the Resist group who are mostly excited about this one song. Me included. IIRC this one was written by Stefan or has his vocals in it, can't remember precisely.

1 hour ago, Damian said:

IRC this one was written by Stefan or has his vocals in it, can't remember precisely.

Was written by him! (2º possibility would be great!) :D

@NighttimeBird

'Hydra' just a six????  SACRILEGE!!!!!

I must be one of the few members that really enjoy 'Enter', I feel.

I think, I've posted my valuations before, but they are now suffering in the archives, SO........

Enter - 8,5

The Dance - 7

ME - 8

TSF - 9

THOE - 9,5

TU - 5,5

Hydra - 8

Resist - from what I've heard in snippets - 7,5 

My problem with Enter is that the production sounds cheap! But the songs are AMAZING live

20 minutes ago, Serena said:

My problem with Enter is that the production sounds cheap! But the songs are AMAZING live

I don't care for most of them, but Restless is amazing! It was one of the highlights of the Black Symphony release for me (it's on the bonus DVD)

44 minutes ago, hunebedbouwer said:

@NighttimeBird

'Hydra' just a six????  SACRILEGE!!!!!

I must be one of the few members that really enjoy 'Enter', I feel.

I think, I've posted my valuations before, but they are now suffering in the archives, SO........

Enter - 8,5

The Dance - 7

ME - 8

TSF - 9

THOE - 9,5

TU - 5,5

Hydra - 8

Resist - from what I've heard in snippets - 7,5 

'The Unforgiving' just a 5.5????  SACRILEGE!!!!

7 minutes ago, Essexboyinwales said:

'The Unforgiving' just a 5.5????  SACRILEGE!!!!

My thoughts exactly! :P

9 minutes ago, NighttimeBird said:

I don't care for most of them, but Restless is amazing! It was one of the highlights of the Black Symphony release for me (it's on the bonus DVD)

Also love Candles (both in TSFTour and Elements)

Atm my ranking (from best to worst) would probably be: THoE - TU - Enter - TSF - ME - Hydra. I loove The Unforgiving, it has so many badass, upbeat songs that are perfect for working out, and all its ballads are amazing as well.

From the snippets those that stick out to me are Endless War and Supernova. Aah, we're so close! :)

Apparently the album was streamed online last night, including unreleased tracks. Ridiculous. But at this point, what difference does it make... ? :rolleyes:

I'm wondering, who the hell is in charge of this release? I think, I have never seen a release so messed up like 'Resist'.  WT must be bewildered what has happened over the last 3 months!

The only plausible reason could be, that Trump has major stakes in Universal Music..............  Maybe the 'shut down' caused troubles across the music industry as well? You'll never know these days. 

2 hours ago, hunebedbouwer said:

I'm wondering, who the hell is in charge of this release? I think, I have never seen a release so messed up like 'Resist'.  WT must be bewildered what has happened over the last 3 months!

Agreed, it's been ridiculous.  Unless.......it's all a ploy to get everyone talking about it.....

5 minutes ago, laputa said:

What "shutdown"? Have I missed something?

He's talking about the US government shutdown, it's been all over the news in Europe as well

54 minutes ago, laputa said:

What "shutdown"? Have I missed something?

It's a little like the "meltdown" that's coming to you and I very shortly.....

@Essexboyinwales & @laputa

Yep, if I were you, (when your WT-collection isn't complete yet), I would stock up on every WT album as soon as possible.

Because you might not be able to buy it at all after March 29th and further down the line (no-deal-scenaria) only to WTO-rules, which could add 60% to the price! 

The rumour is that Boris Johnson and Jacob Reese-Mogg bought all WT-material possible and stocked it in Ireland! They just couldn't resist!:giggle:  And things were already going so bad for HMV!! (Always visited HMV multiple times when in the UK).

13 hours ago, NeoGeorg said:

pparently the album was streamed online last night, including unreleased tracks.

Why didn´t we know that?

@SerenaThe stream took place on a site called "Mixlr" hosted by a user called "Kingdom Leaks". I found out via Reddit through a post made by a "masterleakers".

I have a teeny-tiny feeling the band didn't know either...

So I was talking to someone who has already heard the album.

They said there's a choral part in Mad World and also at the beginning and end of Trophy Hunter. The other choral parts are in Raise Your Banner, Endless War and Supanova but that is it.

So 50% of the songs? Sounds good to me. :music:

We also have those awesome My Indigo style backing vocals in Mercy Mirror, maybe others too, so it's all very good.

1 hour ago, NeoGeorg said:

So 50% of the songs? Sounds good to me. :music:

We also have those awesome My Indigo style backing vocals in Mercy Mirror, maybe others too, so it's all very good.

Yup! Seems that way!

Here is another review posted in the Facebook group