Serena

Within Temptation II

838 posts in this topic

Spoiler

No 'Ice queen'!. Also no 'Frozen' and no 'Fire and ice'. I guess that's what you get with global warning.........

1 minute ago, hunebedbouwer said:
  Hide contents

No 'Ice queen'!. Also no 'Frozen' and no 'Fire and ice'. I guess that's what you get with global warning.........

The first one is actually there. It wasnt included in the first setlist I saw.

Wow they are dressed very casually for the gig, like they are chiling at home lol.

really?! haven't done my research and never realized that they played that far and the time difference is so huge.... time to search the web for some new music then ^^ 

Since besides Ryb and TR they are only playing 3 new songs, I think I'm not gonna listen to them before the show.

I like the new show closer btw. Interesting choice.

1 hour ago, Serena said:
  Hide contents

Sounds great!! :D

Another one!

Like I said it,Raise Your Banner leaked some time ago is the same as it will be on Resist album ;P Is this Endless war??

2 hours ago, Speckofdust said:

Like I said it,Raise Your Banner leaked some time ago is the same as it will be on Resist album ;P Is this Endless war??

No idea at all! :D

Supernova sounds good! I like it! I am not sure about the rest yet, though

With 4 weeks to go until my first WT gig, I decided it was time to start listening to them again.  I don't have Enter, but I listened to the 5 most recent studio albums in order:

Mother Earth is better than I remember (I only got into the band a couple of years ago!), I dn't think I played it much when I first got it, mainly becuase I didn't think much of Sharon's vocals on the album compared to some of the later albums (which I got first).  Now, it sounds OK, I still prefer her later vocals but the music is great.  And The Promise is a cracker...

The Silent Force is a step forward for me, as they head towards the sound and style that I think suits them best.  The ballads are fabulous on this album and showcase her voice so well.

The Heart Of Everything continues on the same path, with great songwriting and playing.

The Unforgiving, for me, is the band at their peak so far!  Every song on this album could have been a single; it is "pop metal" at it's very best.  And Sharon's voice is perfect.  A brilliant album!

Hydra starts off in the same vein as we go through some of the singles and collaborations (which work: yes, they do!).  Unfortunately, the album stalls after this, with a few tracks that are weaker IMO.  But The Whole World Is Watching is a fantastic ending, showing again how great the band are producing top-notch commerical rock songs.

Resist: well, we'll have to see won't we?.....

I'm guessing others may have a different view on their career progression!

I really like the setlist as well. 

I would really like to see them play one of these but it’s great overall  

Jillian or Deceiver of Fools (which I believe kind of fits the theme of the tour)

12 minutes ago, Imagineer said:

I really like the setlist as well. 

I would really like to see them play one of these but it’s great overall  

Hide contents

Jillian or Deceiver of Fools (which I believe kind of fits the theme of the tour)

Won't be a bad idea!! :D

I may try to avoid watching live videos of the new songs if I can. To me they rarely do new songs justice. I need the studio recording first.

I am excited for this album. I don't care about "too pop" this or that. Within Temptation has long done whatever they wanted, whether or not fans like it. The still maintain whatever it is that makes them "Within Temptation." I also think it's going to be a very heavy record, and I love that idea.

Can't wait for the next single! And to hear the official release of "Raise Your Banner" soon.

1 hour ago, Essexboyinwales said:

Mother Earth is better than I remember (I only got into the band a couple of years ago!), I dn't think I played it much when I first got it, mainly becuase I didn't think much of Sharon's vocals on the album compared to some of the later albums (which I got first).  Now, it sounds OK, I still prefer her later vocals but the music is great.  And The Promise is a cracker...

(...) 

The Unforgiving, for me, is the band at their peak so far!  Every song on this album could have been a single; it is "pop metal" at it's very best.  And Sharon's voice is perfect.  A brilliant album!

Weirdly, back then I didn't notice a significant change in Sharon's voice, nor in their music. It might have been because this was the very moment when I got into symphonic metal at all. I discovered their music exactly when The Silent Force has just been released, so I kind of listened simultaneously to ME and TSF. (Regarding the vocals, interestingly it was exactly the opposite in Nightwish's case, when I was shocked having to realize that the woman singing Nemo is the very same woman who is singing on the FWTE DVD!?) 

Hydra starts off in the same vein as we go through some of the singles and collaborations (which work: yes, they do!).  Unfortunately, the album stalls after this, with a few tracks that are weaker IMO.  But The Whole World Is Watching is a fantastic ending

I agree here. I remember that I briefly lost WT from under my radar by then (I don't know why, no particular reason, I've even seen them live just a couple of months earlier and totally enjoyed their show), I re-focused on them when I saw that Tarja will be on one of their new songs and that instantly made me hyped again! I loved Paradise, I loved Let Us Burn, TWWIW and a couple of other songs, but I am not crazy about this album as a whole... However, I've seen them live during that tour too and the concert was one of the best I've been to!

And I am not crazy about the new songs I've heard so far either, but we'll see. Now (when I don't care about the "too pop" thing either anymore), I'd also say that The Unforgiving is one of their best albums. It's energetic and kick-ass! Every song on it.

I am looking forward to their new album. It might turn out to be another fave of mine, who knows. Either way I will continue to keep an eye on them because they are dear to me, and their concerts are awesome!

Speaking of which, enjoy the show! :D

1 hour ago, CenturyChild625 said:

I am excited for this album. I don't care about "too pop" this or that. Within Temptation has long done whatever they wanted, whether or not fans like it. The still maintain whatever it is that makes them "Within Temptation." I also think it's going to be a very heavy record, and I love that idea.

Agree on that!! :D