Serena

Within Temptation II

1,042 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, Magnus said:

Like the stripped down Sinead is 100% Within Temptation, even if the album version tried something different with its approach.

That's not a bad thing imo!

5 minutes ago, Serena said:

When is this from? :D

2017 according to my googling

I love how she makes a devils horns sign for a split second before she realizes she's not at a metal show this time :D

Yeah it's from 2017, but the professionally shot video of the performance was uploaded just a few days ago.

@NighttimeBird Right? :P And her face when the dancers surround her and start dancing. :P

On 6/16/2019 at 8:12 PM, NeoGeorg said:

I can't believe this discussion went on for as long as it did. It really is so important... but in the Within Temptation thread, really?

I also can't believe no one acknowledged yet that Within Temptation and Evanescence will co-headline a one-off concert this Fall.

This is really great news for both fanbases! And I wish the two ladies could share the stage together. Can totally imagine Amy joining WT on a song like Supernova or The Reckoning. But I guess it would depend on which band is heading the bill.

Regarding Resist, I can only say that this piece is the best one since The Heart of Everything, it's a super mature and solid work in my opinion. Hydra has its moments but it got lost throughout the way, and I never was too fond on The Unforgiving. Not to mention I always find myself listening to Endless War, Mad World or Supernova, they're just so cohesive. And I like how the band made one song kind of speak to each other. Hope they'll put out a DVD of this current tour.

13 hours ago, GhostHell said:

Regarding Resist, I can only say that this piece is the best one since The Heart of Everything, it's a super mature and solid work in my opinion.

Agree!!! :D

From the newsletter!!

WITHIN TEMPTATION - Surprise! Today you are one of the first fans that has access to our 24HR exclusive presale of 'Black Symphony' on limited edition, colored vinyl. The presale of this beauty on vinyl will officially kick off tomorrow, but because we are super grateful for our fans, we want to give YOU the opportunity to get your hands on 1 of the 750 first limited edition, colored copies today. 

'Black Symphony' is a live album of our show together with The Metropole Orchestra & conductor Jules Buckley, The Pa'dam Choir and guest singers George Oosthoek, Anneke van Giersbergen and Mina Caputo in Ahoy, Rotterdam on February 7, 2008. The record was released worldwide on September 22-24, 2008. 

The 3LP vinyl consists of 22 live versions of Within Temptation's greatest hits from 'The Silent Force', 'Mother Earth', 'Enter' & 'The Dance' and 'The Heart Of Everything'. There are 5000 numbered copies on gold & red marbled vinyl in total and it comes with an 8-page booklet.

Side 1
Ouverture
Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)
The Howling
Stand My Ground

Side 2
The Cross
What Have You Done (feat. Mina Caputo)
Hand Of Sorrow
The Heart Of Everything

Side 3
Forgiven
Somewhere (feat. Anneke van Giersbergen)
The Swan Song
Memories

Side 4
Our Solemn Hour
The Other Half (Of Me) (feat. George Oosthoek)
Frozen
The Promise

Side 5
Angels
Mother Earth
The Truth Beneath The Rose

Side 6
Deceiver Of Fools
All I Need
Ice Queen 

10 years later, it happened once again. Too obvious, but enjoyable as the first time :)

Totally in love with Resist, it's definitely been one of my most played stuff on spotify this year. Wish they would stop relying so much in older albums when touring though, with this album they have great material to make a cool setlist

4 hours ago, i-slander said:

Totally in love with Resist, it's definitely been one of my most played stuff on spotify this year. Wish they would stop relying so much in older albums when touring though, with this album they have great material to make a cool setlist

I think Within Temptation are good at striking a balance between old and new songs for setlists. At Graspop, they played 5 songs from Resist, so basically half the album. That's really good. Enough to satisfy those who love Resist, but at the same time leaves room for enough old songs. 

41 minutes ago, The Name Of The Wind said:

I think Within Temptation are good at striking a balance between old and new songs for setlists. At Graspop, they played 5 songs from Resist, so basically half the album.

Agree!! :D