Sign in to follow this  
Detox

Interview with Marco by Rocker.si, 13th November 2018

15 posts in this topic

Well, I can’t tell you too much (laughs). Let’s just say that the record will revolve around the vocal harmonies we have already talked about.

I think that over the years, we have created a system where we all work together and know our responsibilities. Troy’s and Floor’s [Jansen] role will be bigger this time.

Well, yes. I am also working on a new solo album. That will be released next spring. Before we will start with the preparations for the new Nightwish album.  Release of a new solo album will be also supported with few concerts. 

Happy! :yahoo:

41 minutes ago, NeoGeorg said:

Happy! :yahoo:

I am little sad really, if he don't contribute in the making of the new NW album. I hope that he saved some idea for the album.

@GreatEyeTrue. But he hasn't said he won't contribute with any writing. If not, some solo leftovers could find its way to Nightwish. And if not, apparently Troy and Floor will still have bigger roles this time...

How does he know, though...? As far as I know, the songs haven't left Tuomas yet... :)

Thanks for posting the interview, @Detox! I'm thrilled to hear that Marco is working on a solo album!!! :yahoo:Next spring needs to come quickly! :D

Since he probably won't tour here, I hope there will be pro-shot footage of at least one of his shows! *fingers crossed*

2 hours ago, GreatEye said:

Even Marco doesn't like WIHAA anymore :)

then they should have scrapped that instead of EOAH

Also, if the band's future album is going to revolve around vocal harmonies, they damn sure better have listened to those first few albums by The Band.

He's spoken of it before. From what I remember, he was aiming for something a bit more stripped down. Acoustic guitar playing a major role.

Don't take my word for it, though.

4 hours ago, NeoGeorg said:

Apparently Troy and Floor will still have bigger roles this time...

Oh God no... please no. 

If that just means they will have bigger inputs into the arrangement and musical styles of songs then I'm optimistic but if it means that Marco will be doing less singing than Troy then something has gone horribly wrong. And it it means we're getting pipes and flutes and Troy's instruments more than the symphonic power style of albums past, then even more has gone wrong.

Troy's voice would fit Floor's softer, higher vocal structure so... another album without utilising the power of the best metal warrior the band could have asked for? That seems such a massive waste. 

I don’t get what “Floor will have a bigger role mean”. I meeean she’s the lead singer, she alsreafy has a big role :P

2 hours ago, Imagineer said:

I don’t get what “Floor will have a bigger role mean”. I meeean she’s the lead singer, she alsreafy has a big role :P

Maybe his role in singing own parts will decrease even more. 

Ouf! I thought that I missed his solo album. Can't wait to hear it. 

And please Floor & Troy! Let him sing more in the next NW one! :yes::music:

17 hours ago, NeoGeorg said:

He's spoken of it before. From what I remember, he was aiming for something a bit more stripped down. Acoustic guitar playing a major role. 

Me like!! :D

I'm not too bothered by Marco maybe taking a step back vocally on the next album. He's a good singer, but for my personal taste, I can take him or leave him. And I sort of feel that he's not as "necessary" as a vocalist since Floor came on board. With Tarja, Marco (and Wilska's guest spots before him) add some rougher, rockier, more aggressive sides to Tarja's more classical sound. Then when Anette came on board with a voice that was a bit more rocky, but less forceful/powerful, having Marco there to double up on some of the songs gave them a bit more power vocally. With Floor, they already have both the power and the more aggressive singing style (honestly, I find her to be a better aggressive singer than Marco, I think he sounds better in his more melodic appearances). Having Marco onboard as a vocalist still allows them to have a bit more versatility, and I like the idea of more vocal harmonies between the three of them.

On 11/27/2018 at 2:22 AM, The_Black_Rose said:

Troy's voice would fit Floor's softer, higher vocal structure so... another album without utilising the power of the best metal warrior the band could have asked for? That seems such a massive waste. 

I'm hoping it might actually mean the opposite. Marco taking a step back may well mean Floor taking over some of the heavier, aggressive parts that have fallen to him in the past. I mean, I will definitely be disappointed if we see a repeat of EFMB vocally speaking, since Floor can do such a wide range of impressive vocals, but I'm hoping this is a good sign for that, at least.