hunebedbouwer

PLASTIC EUKARIOTE - 2018 Forum Awards

29 posts in this topic

Yes, it's that time of year again. All those difficult (or not so) choices to vote for the Forum Awards. After getting in contact with last year´s organizer Cristermo (yep, he is still alive and enjoys a sabbatical, but got no time to do this year´s event), I thought I´d give it a go. Instead of fooling around with all kind of OFF TOPIC remarks like last year, which might come as a relief for many.

We have left the goldmines of South Africa and the platinum undergrounds of Siberia and instead opted for a far more recent material that ruled many headlines the last few years: PLASTIC...........     These awards were made of plastic particles found in fish in the Indian Ocean. Not that they are less  important or valuable than gold or platinum awards.................because it's bloody important not being plasticfied for the sake of our forum members in centuries to come!!!!! 

Some awards have changed or gone, some are new, but the genral feel stayed. Most awards have gotten new names, which might change next year again. All will be explained in detail.

Everybody is allowed to vote, newcomers and all, even if you joint yesterday. Most of you would have been a lurker for some time anyway. Having said that, this is a call to all lurkers out there to join this forum and have a go at voting. It´s free, democratic and I hope a lot of fun for everyone. Honesty and humour is well appreciated!!!

Voting will be possible till 24.00 on the 31st of January 2019. Results will be published soon after that, if I´m still healthy and up for it.

So, let´s kick it off then......

1) The AWOLLY (Absence Without Official Leave) - award........which member(s) have you missed the most in or during 2018?

2) The MOSQUITO - award...........whose stingy posts and remarks were the most annoying ones for you?

3) The BUZZYBODDY - award.........which member did spend the most time posting and replying on this forum?

4)  The JOLLYGOODFUN - award...........who made you smile, let you laugh the most this year?

5 ) The ROOKSTAR - award..........which newcomer/greenhorn did impress you the most?

6)  The DUOPENOTTI - award.........which 2 members get on well, often confirm each other´s opinion, complement each other?

7)  The AVASTAR - award.........who has got/had the best avatar this year?

8) The MOTFU (Master Of This Forum´s Universe) - award........who do you think was the BEST poster on this forum in 2018?

9) The AH - OH - AH -award.........(yes, you got them on every forum) who is the biggest drama queen?  

10) The PHRASIER - award.........who wrote the best post/remark/phrase in 2018 and what was it about?

11) The TOPGUNNER - award.........(different from no.8!!!) who is your FAVOURITE poster?

12) The HYENA VS LION - award.........which 2 members like debating each other till dawn and won´t give in an inch?

13) The PIT of 2018 - award...........what do you consider to have been the worst thread on this forum during this year?

14) The CLASS of 2018 - award.........which thread was your favourite during 2018?

15) The OFFTOPICCALLER - award........which member continously posts above, under and next to the thread subjects?

16) The  MUSICKFREAK - award........who do you think has the most CD´s/LP´s/DVD's at home?

17) The  EXPLICITATOR - award.........who was the most in-your-face member of this year?

18) The POSTERFAN - award..........which member should post more?

SOME FACTS OF LIFE QUESTIONS

A) The best album of the year 2018 in your opinion?

B) The most enjoyable song that was released in 2018?

C) What was the best thing you saw or heard on YOUTUBE this year?

D) What was your favourite Nightwish-moment of the year?

E) The best film you´ve watched this year?

F) What was the most delicious animal you´ve eaten this year and for veggies & vegans the most delicious vegetable?

G) What was your best live music experience in 2018?

H) IF Floor decided to become a farmer´s wife, who should replace her? (I know it´s a IF-question, but fun nevertheless)? 

I)  What was your favourite sports moment of the year?

J) Best thing you watched on TV during this year?

K) Who would you vote Personality Of The Year (worldwide - can be anyone) personally? 

L) What´s the best place you did visit this year?               

Well, I have been less active than last year, so that means I don't really know some of these. I feel like I'm more confused than the last two Eukariotes (time goes by so fast!). Also, I kinda miss some of the old categories that were left out (where is MY Mr. Crush award? :P). Nevertheless, this is always fun to do, so here I go!

1) The AWOLLY (Absence Without Official Leave) - award........

Many,  but I think @Cristermo, @some_dude_on_the_interwebs and @Stefan2k4 are the most noticeable empty seats (?)

2) The MOSQUITO - award...........

Not sure with this one...

3) The BUZZYBODDY - award.........

I don't know at all (?) :P

4)  The JOLLYGOODFUN - award...........

@hunebedbouwer always manages to crack me up.

5 ) The ROOKSTAR - award..........

@Encaitar probably.

6)  The DUOPENOTTI - award.........

???

7)  The AVASTAR - award.........

Duh, not sure here.

8) The MOTFU (Master Of This Forum´s Universe) - award........

Probably @Magnus, as usual (?)

9) The AH - OH - AH -award.........

Stefan and Somedude have been absent for a while, so I'd say @Symphoniker (but not in a bad way, it's just that he's sometimes too... aggressive XD)

10) The PHRASIER - award.........

Ufff, I'll have to revise this one.

11) The TOPGUNNER - award.........

I'm not sure here, because I think most of you are very nice. I'll name @hunebedbouwer, @Damian, @Imagineer, @Serena, @Magnus, @Eilenna, for different reasons. I'm still missing more, I'm sure(different from no.8!!!) who is your FAVOURITE poster?

12) The HYENA VS LION - award.........

I'm afraid I haven't paid much attention to that (?) I'll have to check out.

13) The PIT of 2018 - award...........

Not sure here...

14) The CLASS of 2018 - award.........

I'll go with the Decades World Tour thread, and OF COURSE Anette's :P

15) The OFFTOPICCALLER - award........

Hahaha Idk.

16) The  MUSICKFREAK - award........

@hunebedbouwer maybe?

17) The  EXPLICITATOR - award.........

Among others, @Symphoniker , @Ahasverus.... duh, the usual ones!

18) The POSTERFAN - award..........

Not sure here again.

FACTS OF LIFE QUESTIONS

My Indigo and Auri's self titled albums, they were so beautiful.

My Indigo - Out of the Darkness

Too many things...

Watching the first Decades setlist :D

The Little Mermaid...

F) What was the most delicious animal you´ve eaten this year and for veggies & vegans the most delicious vegetable?

Nothing I hadn't eaten before, but I still love red apples <3

I haven't had enough money to go to any show I'd have liked XD </3

H) IF Floor decided to become a farmer´s wife, who should replace her? (I know it´s a IF-question, but fun nevertheless)?

ANETTE! Just joking XD The list is very long, but I'd say Amanda Somerville :P

Not a big sports fan, but this World Cup was disappointing XD

I haven't watched anything new (other than the last season of Once Upon a Time, which I don't really like). I sticked with my old favourites :P

K) Who would you vote Personality Of The Year (worldwide - can be anyone) personally? 

Idk, this one is interesting. Probably my best friend (?)

Same as G.    

@WhiteLagoon

THIS is DUO PENOTTI, my dear fellow forum member, ....................................the biggest friend of all children of the world once they've taste it!

duo-penotti.jpeg

edit:

P.S. I need to make you a proper apology @WhiteLagoon, for I thought Duo Penotti was a worldwide phenomenom, because it carried an Italian name. After researching it, it turns out to be a 100% Dutch brand, it's name conjured by it's inventor up to sound exotic and put on bread by almost solely Dutch children (and adults!), but also exported all over the world. 

I am sorry for the formatting issues sometimes. My computer wouldn't register when I pressed Enter sometimes. 1) The AWOLLY (Absence Without Official Leave) - award........which member(s) have you missed the most in or during 2018?

@some_dude_on_the_interwebs I didn't always agree with him, but his posts were almost always worth reading.

2) The MOSQUITO - award...........whose stingy posts and remarks were the most annoying ones for you?

@Stefan2k4 and Great Eye. No explanation needed.

3) The BUZZYBODDY - award.........which member did spend the most time posting and replying on this forum?

hunebedbouwer and serena

4)  The JOLLYGOODFUN - award...........who made you smile, let you laugh the most this year?

hunebedbouwer. I love his humour :) 

5 ) The ROOKSTAR - award..........which newcomer/greenhorn did impress you the most?

Nighttime Bird. 

6)  The DUOPENOTTI - award.........which 2 members get on well, often confirm each other´s opinion, complement each other?

I am biased of course, but I think White Lagoon's current avatar is great.

8) The MOTFU (Master Of This Forum´s Universe) - award........who do you think was the BEST poster on this forum in 2018?  hunebedbouwer and Magnus

9) The AH - OH - AH -award.........(yes, you got them on every forum) who is the biggest drama queen?  

Stefan2k4 and Great Eye

10) The PHRASIER - award.........who wrote the best post/remark/phrase in 2018 and what was it about?

No clue.

11) The TOPGUNNER - award.........(different from no.8!!!) who is your FAVOURITE poster?

hunebedbouwer. 

12) The HYENA VS LION - award.........which 2 members like debating each other till dawn and won´t give in an inch?

13) The PIT of 2018 - award...........what do you consider to have been the worst thread on this forum during this year?

I honestly don't care anymore.

14) The CLASS of 2018 - award.........which thread was your favourite during 2018?

The thread for the Decades tour. I loved reading the experiences of other people.

15) The OFFTOPICCALLER - award........which member continously posts above, under and next to the thread subjects?

hunebedbouwer. It's always funny though :)

16) The  MUSICKFREAK - award........who do you think has the most CD´s/LP´s/DVD's at home?

hunebedbouwer, judging by his knowledge about music.

17) The  EXPLICITATOR - award.........who was the most in-your-face member of this year?

Eilenna. I miss her insightful posts.

(I will perhaps add the last ones later on.)

Riverside - Wasteland. The first album without Piotr and it's great.

I can't choose just one this year. There are five: Indian Summer, Black Velvet Sun, While Love Died, The Reckoning and Raise Your Banner.

Seeing them live in Copenhagen last month. 

The Danish Girl. A powerful story, sensitively handled.

Not a vegetable, but a sort of cheese. I tried some Indian paneer for the first time in October. It replaced chicken breast in a dish I invented. I fried it together with carrots and some pepper in a mixture of sunflower and sesame oil, used curry spice, nutmeg, oregano and basil besides salt and pepper as spices. 

Nightwish. The only concert I've been to this year, but it was great.

No clue. Floor is a great fit for Nightwish, and I don't know who could repace her realistically.

No clue. I'm not interested in sports.

My farther <3 

L) What´s the best place you did visit this year?    I have visited Strasbourg, France, countless times before, but each is as beautiful as the last. Definitely one of my favourite places to visit. Oh, and the Écomusée d'Alsace. It shows historic buildings of the Alsace region that have been relocated to this museum. It's very interesting. I also got some nice homemade and warm apple juice with spices. It was very tasty.

Edited by The Name Of The Wind
Added a vote for The Posterfan Award

Is it that time of the year again? As usual my post will be edited until the deadline because sometimes I have just no idea for some categories.

1) The AWOLLY (Absence Without Official Leave) - award........ all those people who got lost in cyberspace throughout the years like @*Dandelion*, @em_j_ottermaster or @Nocturna

2) The MOSQUITO - award  @Stefan2k4

3) The BUZZYBODDY - award @Serena

4)  The JOLLYGOODFUN - award  @Baki

5 ) The ROOKSTAR - award @Sophia (although she is not a real newbie)

6)  The DUOPENOTTI - award no idea

7)  The AVASTAR - award @Spirit of Whiterun

8) The MOTFU (Master Of This Forum´s Universe) - award no idea

9) The AH - OH - AH -award @Ahasverus

10) The PHRASIER - award no idea

11) The TOPGUNNER - award @Somebody's Lass and @The Name of the Wind

12) The HYENA VS LION - award no idea

13) The PIT of 2018 - award don't have a certain one this year

14) The CLASS of 2018 - award the Decades World Tour 2018 one because nothing is more fun than reading about NW gigs

15) The OFFTOPICCALLER - award @hunebedbouwer of course

16) The  MUSICKFREAK - award @Werewolf (judging from the Your Latest Music Related Hauls thread)

17) The  EXPLICITATOR - award @Symphoniker

18) The POSTERFAN - award  @Sophia, @snowhite and @angel_heart

A) The best album of the year 2018 in your opinion? Amorphis - Queen of Time

B) The most enjoyable song that was released in 2018? Northward - Storm in a Glass

C) What was the best thing you saw or heard on YOUTUBE this year? Must have been some random comedy stuff.

D) What was your favourite Nightwish-moment of the year? Seeing them live again last month of course.

E) The best film you´ve watched this year? Don't ask me that. I never go to the cinema and I seldom watch films.

F) What was the most delicious animal you´ve eaten this year and for veggies & vegans the most delicious vegetable? Chicken?

G) What was your best live music experience in 2018? Nightwish and Beast in Black live in Oberhausen last month

H) IF Floor decided to become a farmer´s wife, who should replace her? (I know it´s a IF-question, but fun nevertheless)? I can't imagine anyone to replace her.

I)  What was your favourite sports moment of the year? Not really interested in sports except for watching some equestrian stuff

J) Best thing you watched on TV during this year? Babylon Berlin

K) Who would you vote Personality Of The Year (worldwide - can be anyone) personally? Alexander Gerst (German astronaut for those who never heard of him)

L) What´s the best place you did visit this year? I don't know.

1 hour ago, dragonprincess said:

5 ) The ROOKSTAR - award @Sophia (although she is not a real newbie)

18) The POSTERFAN - award  @Sophia, @snowhite and @angel_heart

I had no idea what this means, I had to check the first post, and... Wow, thank you!! You guys keep surprising me! I was hesitant to be active here, as more of an Old Era/Tarja fan, I thought my posts will be annoying not welcome, and vice versa. What a plot twist!:giggle:

I don't think I've spent enough time here to be able to do this now. I registered years ago, but I haven't visited the forum since, I've been active just since this autumn, and the last time I used to lurk on the Nw forum was in 2008/2009 and I think the only member I remember from back then is Baki. :P I might come back to do this later, if I'll still be hanging around here next month. (It will be a busy month for me, let's see how many tabs I'll have to close...)

@WhiteLagoon and @The Name Of The Wind

Thank you for mentioning, that I do make you smile once in a while. I like that! It's important to smile!:D

My choices. I'd like to blabber on a bit here and there, because I do want to provide some proper reading and enjoyment/raging.

1) AWOLLIES 

Sir Some_Dude! I've never thought it would be THAT quiet on the forum, when he went for his temporarily absence. I feel he's doing time in some Italian prison (hence the 'temporarily'), just viciously lurking as he's not allowed to post.  Stocking up all his energy and knowledge to explode like the Vesuvius once he's let out again. 

And I can't mention Bee82 enough. I do miss her soooooo much these last few years!!!

Cristermo, Nienor, Stefan K (has he gone or do I not visit the right threads?) and the more recent upcoming talents of Drunkrat and Unstrung or were they just a flash in the pan. Also mention worthy are Mojo, Dandelion and WhiteRaven, who all quit in the last 2 years! And where's my favouriite HooPee gone? Is there a lethal mod virus going on?  

2) MOSQUITOES

If Stefan K is still around, he must be mentioned. Otherwise Ahasverus is pretty much on his own.

3) BUZZYBODDY

These can be no others than Imagineer, Magnus and Serena. The last one for reasons I shall unravel later.

4 ) JOLLYGOODFUN

Some_Dude when he used to be around and ofcourse Whitenoise, who is around, but just not that much! Also Symphoniker when he's getting sarky!

5) ROOKSTARS

Siverlining and Nighttimebird. Lovely people, solid posts!

6) DUOPENOTTI

The ones that work well together. In first place Magnus and Serena, mainly because Serena basically confirms every post Magnus writes with a one word reply! It's also annoying and not very helpful, because when you see that Serena has posted something, you already know what it is and are not bothered to read it. Then you have the quintet of Suomi USA, Whitenoise, Harvest and Hunebedbouwer. What can I say about our mutual collaborations? It's been lovely!!!!!

7) AVASTAR

NightimeBird and the current one Speckofdust has. I like birds.

8) MOTFU

Eilenna, Lena and Angel_heart when they are present. The same goes for Harvest and Whitenoise. Magnus has improved to this status. I do like Ann_argr her style and contents of post as well. Damian and Adrn_2810 are solid.

9) AH - OH - AH

Drama, drama, drama.......................seems Baki always need some, Symphoniker and Ahasverus are always up for it, not to mention Speckofdust.

10) PHRASIER

Now this is quite funny, because both phrases were mentioned in the 2017 Forum Awards-thread. And I still have to grin when I read them.........:music:

First this........Whitenoise's favourite way of cycling.....

dagkaartfiets-1.jpg    

Secondly, Some_Dude's remark when I replaced him and Baki as funniest forum guy by Whitenoise:

"Und das whåt shåring all månners of tasty såucés gets yöu ist a håndshakken and a kick in the bütten". This all in reference to our fully OFF TOPIC collaborations somewhere else:giggle:

11) TOPGUNNER

Whitenoise, despite not making too many sounds this year. Maybe he's big on the Finnish side......haven't checked that.......

12) HYENA vs LION

Ahasverus against common sense, Symphoniker against patience and JRA against himself..........

13) THE PIT OF 2018

The UFO-thread...............what's the point? Really......talking about staring in the sky and blabbering about things that aren't there........ :scratchhead:

Also THE LAUGHING THREAD, because there are too few posters and laughing is such a big deal for a good health!!!

Lastly the ACTIVE BAN-thread for there is almost no commotion there. 

14) THE CLASS OF 2018

The 2018 Decades World Tour-thread. It seems that a lot of members have placed their beach chairs in front of this thread.

deckchairs-on-brighton-beach-dutourdumon

It might not be as turbulent and exciting as the Imaginaerum Tour-thread, but to me it seems that loads of members do enjoy it.

15) OFFTOPICCALLERS

There can be no other choices as Some_Dude earlier this year and Whitenoise trying to get me writing off-the-mark-things. 

16) MUSICKFREAK

As I know my own collection very well, my choice would definitely be on Burkhard, Magnus, Harvest, Symphoniker or Nienor.

17) EXPLICITATOR

My votes go to Symphoniker, JRA and GreatEye, but the last one seems to have mellowed a bit since he's taking up music lessons........   

18)  POSTERFAN

Would do I want to post more? Eilenna, Ann_argr, Harvest and Whitenoise for sure. And I want Bee92 to return!!!!

* SOME FACTS OF LIFE

A) Best albums 2018?

For me James - 'Living in extraordinary times' 

DeWolff - 'Thrust'.

B) Most enjoyable song this year?

Well,  I've played 'Indian summer' by My Indigo a lot, so that has to be the one for 2018.

C) Best thing on YouTube?

This has to be James O'Brien on UK radio making mince meat of almost any argument that deluded, lied to, angry and downright stupid Brexiteers came up with during calls. If it weren't so tragic, it would be hilarious............

D) Weirdly enough the Mother and Father-part of 'The poet and the pendulum' at Wembley. I must have listened to that part at least 200 times this year........it kind of sooths me.......:ok:

E) Best film?

'Pani e tulipani', an Italian film from the year 2000.

F) Most delicious animal I've eaten (I do love my veggies anyway)?

Peking duck with plum sauce. One of my all time favourite meals....

l_1514_peking-duck-plum-sauce-CUT1.jpg

G) Best live gig?

Not much going on this year, but hearing a string quartet playing Bach in a small centuries old chapel was great. 

H) Floor's replacement if she went full farmer's wife?

Anneke van Giersbergen. Would love to hear her doing 'Song of myself'!

I) Best sports moment of the year?

Well, the moment I watched it, I knew it wouldn't get any better this year and probably for a few years to come.

The women's one day cycling road race of the Tour de France, also known as LA Course. It was a mountain goat's race this year and boy, o boy, did it produce some epicness!!!!  Halfway the last mountain 4 riders, Anna van der Breggen, Cecile Uttrup, Annemiek van Vleuten and Ashley Moolman were left as leading riders .

Then South African Ashley Moolman attacked and that left early attacker and team mate Danish Uttrup behind, while the other 2 (Dutchies) were able to follow. Then Anna attacked, leaving Moolman gasping for air and energy behind, but with Annemiek still on her wheel. Another Anna attack and Annemiek faltered and had to make her own pace upwards. The rest of the mountain climb there were about 50 meters between the top-3 riders each and when Anna reached the top, she had about 8 seconds on Annemiek, who had about 6 seconds on Ashley. Cecile Uttrup almost drove backwards at that time. 

The finish line was still about 12 kilometers away, and a long and sometimes dangerous descent lay ahead. What followed was a mindblowing and breathtaking pursuit of Annemiek on Anna.......through sharp corners, over small stone bridges, over cobbles and melting asphalt. During the whole descent, there was no more than 6 to 12 seconds between them. Ashley Moolman lost loads of time, because she used her head and wanted to stay alive!! I was expecting someone to crash and the bad memories of Annemieke's ceash at the 2016 Olympics emerged!!!  

At the end, the last 300 meters were ascending again and you could almost feel/see Annemiek giving up (and her teamboss, the commentators, well, basically everyone had already given up),  because she couldn't get closer, but pure determination, fighting spirit and squeezing the last energy out her little toes, she managed to get closer, closer and closer. At 50 meters before the finish line,  she started to sprint with everything she had left and overtook Anna, who couldn't react at all anymore, at 10 meters from the finish line to get the win with a few centimeters advantage. It was unbelievable!!! Everybody was astounded!! Anna was completely devastated and it took her a few months to deal with it mentally. IT WAS MAGNIFICENT and a lot better than the whole 3-week long men's Tour de France........the duel, the fighting, the grimaces......just WOW!

J) Best thing on tv?

'Cold feet'-series 7, 'Early birds' (Dutch nature program) and a lot of cycling. Winter Olympics.  

K) Personalities of the year?

First up: THERESA MAY! Yup, the UK prime-minister, who took over from David Cameron after the 'Brexit'-referendum in 2016 (advisory by the way!!!!). Being a Remainer himself, Cameron made an absolute hash of the Remain-campaign and was then strangely enough followed by another Remainer, May. Probably, because non of the majority of the Tories (=conservatives) wanted the uncontrolled missile Boris Johnson as prime-minister. Has he done anything decent at all in his life?

What followed, were the 2,5 years of delusion, underbelly shouting, some right out fascist outings (and a MEP was murdered by the way!!!), lying, lying, more lying, threatening, scare mongering and Always a whole lot of pretty uncivilized bellowing that we now have witnessed.

A country in total chaos, the 2 biggest parties divided to the bone (no one wants Labour Corbyn as prime-minister, because he's basically a anti-semite, deluded and dangerous communist and no one wants anything and everybody wants something. The 3 former Conservative Eu-negotiators all quit their job, only to attack their former boss May the next day. One might suspect a lot of different agenda's here as in not wanting to negogiate at all!!! More than half of the cabinet ministers did quit and have taken off into the political jungle, each shouting harder and behaving less cicilized than the other. O, and on Tuesday, the 11th of December, parliament will voteand the  the Axe can fall in any direction. So, everyone, who wants to take a good look how a minor dictatorship works itself into the ground (here a 36% minority can rule 100% of the country thanks to their undemocratic voting system). This all in full view of Europe and the rest of the world.

The amount of abuse, calling names, lies, disturbing manners, anti-social behaviour from a lot of her own party members has been so disgusting that, despite I'm no supporter of basically any Tory and their ideas, the way Theresa May stayed civilized and kind of calm, she deserves to be mentioned as a human being. Although she's deluded too.

GettyImages-585719816-714x476.jpg

Secondly: SINEAD O'CONNOR. because she has developed so many different personalties that I can't keep up with her. She needs to find a good Irish nuthouse where they can take care of her.

Thirdly: ALL the people who ARE NOT on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and ALL of those other ANTI-SOCIAL MEDIA and WHO ARE NOT looking at their Phone all day like a complete moron. The real world is off Phone and OUT THERE, you know!

L) Best place you've visited?

Well, I haven't strayed wide and far this year, so it has to be a small village in the north of the NL, called Noordlaren, where we had a blazing and wonderful extended family weekend.

'I HEREBY CALL UPON THE YOUTH OF THIS NIGHTWISH FORUM TO ASSEMBLE FOR THE NEXT 30 DAYS FROM NOW, AND VOTE FOR THE 2018 PLASTIC FORUM AWARDS.......................(I might have borrowed some tekst from the Olympic Charter).

I call upon the thoughts and words of the following members..........by no means with a particular reason.........they could have been any of the 5500 names............

@Imagineer@Symphoniker@Spectre@suomi usa@Baki@crazyone@Harvest@A Blessed Wish@Alpha Female Wolf@Eilenna@harbinger_of_death@Dala82@revamp@t-aikatalvi@white night@faerie13@whitenoise@Naema@Obi Wan@NighttimeBird@Silvara Blue@Pagan Beauty@Dragonheart@Kai@Gabriela@Nienor@sacodepresunto@Hapfairy@Damian@Cristermo@L_Alpenglow@kuolema@Vagabond@Ahasverus@xAutumnNightsx@MeadowsOfHeaven@Meira@Ocean Soul@c_s_p_r@Nadja@mojo@dalahorse@A Cruel Countess@rachel.the.dreamer@I AM ERROR@Undertow@Teemu Niinikorpi@J_Finlay@hadessword@Marius@Qadesh@Serena@UglyButterfly@Moncho@iamlittleemma@j4nnu@Yanina@OmniScious@esgigt@Frankopan@Dååth@Sabine@roadrunner@sacodepresunto@Tabitha@valadilaine@DrunkRat@GreatEye@Grostonni@Ian@Wanderlust@Kahvisieni@WhiteRaven@Bojan@Century Child@nebula@CenturyChild625@oapalacioss@Radoxeald@Sofia@Lady Ayame@oceanborn@klagad @James Braddock@JackietheStripper@sahara@sahara2009@Encaitar@KebabScout@Burkhard@A Cruel Countess@Swan(s)heart@J.J.@Noalwyn@Waldhirsch.................etcetera, etcetera.................:D

NW-new.PNG

nightwish-forum-milano-2012-29.jpg

Marco says: 'JUST DO IT!'..........

This and the favourite albums of the year threads always stress me up real good because I love doing them but I’m always quite busy this time of the year! :P But worry not I always make the time and vote in the end! :P 

When is the deadline for voting, because it will take some time?

@Nienor

For all other members it is 24.00 on the 31st of January 2019. But you are a much appreciated old hen, so you will get extra time and therefore an extension till 01.00 on the 32nd of January!

As a matter of protest against hypocritical and prudish rules and decisions of mod/admin team (but also because I did not pay that much attention to discussions here, apart from a handful of topics), I will only vote in one category this year: 

The AWOLLY (Absence Without Official Leave) - award........which member(s) have you missed the most in or during 2018?

@some_dude_on_the_interwebs - you can really tell his absence from this forum, and on a very negative note. Not to mention that the affair that provoked his resignation was an overblown, ridiculous abuse of political correctness (and trust me, I am a strong proponent of PC in general, but what happened in this case was just a perverted and whimsical interpretation of that) which retarded the whole atmosphere on the board and left us without one of the most, if not the most prolific member. Dude, if you read this, come back please because they know not what they are doing. 

That much from me for tthis year. More luck next time around. 

Here we go. I'm sorry, I will probably forget some names and end up remembering them later. Ugh.

1) The AWOLLY (Absence Without Official Leave) - award

Obviously @some_dude_on_the_interwebs. Dude, come back! You haven't even commented on the new DCD album.

2) The MOSQUITO - award

@Stefan2k4 Definitely.

3) The BUZZYBODDY - award

@Serena yeah, I think she has commented on 99% of the threads :P

4)  The JOLLYGOODFUN - award  

@Baki as always.

5 ) The ROOKSTAR - award

@Sophia and @Encaitar probably.

6)  The DUOPENOTTI - award

Hmmm, maybe @Sophiaand @Encaitar again?

7)  The AVASTAR - award

Hmmm, I don't know. Let's go with @Damian

8) The MOTFU (Master Of This Forum´s Universe) - award

@Magnus @Eilenna@hunebedbouwer@Damian @Symphoniker

9) The AH - OH - AH -award

@GreatEye and @Ahasverus.

10) The PHRASIER - award

What? I have no idea. I don't even remember posts I read yesterday :P

11) The TOPGUNNER - award

Hard one. Let's go with @Baki

12) The HYENA VS LION - award

Maybe @Magnus vs @Ahasverus or the whole forum vs @Stefan2k4 :P

13) The PIT of 2018 - award

Don't know if I had a specific one that was always annoying.

14) The CLASS of 2018 - award

Yeah, probably the Decades World Tour 2018 one. 

15) The OFFTOPICCALLER - award

Yeah, obviosuly @hunebedbouwer.

16) The  MUSICKFREAK - award 

@ Definitely @klagad

17) The  EXPLICITATOR - award 

@Symphoniker

18) The POSTERFAN - award 

@angel_heart

Hard one. A lot of good albums but I don't know if one of them was at the top. Let's say Auri.

Let Me Out - Northward

No idea.

The Amsterdam gig I went to.

Hard one so I'll pick two very different films cause I'm a rebel :P Her and Avengers: Infinity War

Lol. Chicken. I'm a simple guy.

Again, the Nightwish gig in Amsterdam.

I'll go with Marcela Bovio. She can seriosuly sing and I'd say she is only one step behind Floor in versatility.

I don't really follow sports.

Does Netflix count? :P If yes, than the Black Mirror episode "Hated by the Nation".

Myself. No, seriously, no idea.

Amsterdam. Great city which I'd love to spend some more days in in the future.

OK..... I did it, finally. Still I feel a bit out of place cause I don't go around the off topic section. I'll let you decide if my votes count or not.

1) The AWOLLY (Absence Without Official Leave) - award........which member(s) have you missed the most in or during 2018?

@Cristermo for sure

-

Can't remember precisely, sorry

@hunebedbouwer @Imagineer

They impressed me because they're Tarja fans, I mean, what you guys doing here? :P @Encaitar @Sophia

-

@NighttimeBird for obvious reasons

8) The MOTFU (Master Of This Forum´s Universe) - award........who do you think was the BEST poster on this forum in 2018?

@Himiko long posts FTW

-

Dah, I can't remember, must have been sth Baki said, but I can't recall precisely

@Afrodite thanks for keeping all the non-Finnish fans updated

@Ahasverus vs @Symphoniker it's a classic here. I enjoy reading them.

-

Decades World Tour 2018 <3

@hunebedbouwerKing of The Off Topic

-

@Baki  @Magnus

@CenturyChild625 @Stargazer_Voyager

Ayreon Universe

"(F- A) Silver Lining" - Panic! At The Disco

"Gente Rota" series.

The show in Buenos Aires, "I Want My Tears Back" was one of the best highlights if not THE BEST from that night

Avengers 3: Infinity Wars

A good asado will always do

Wacken Open Air - Day 3 (12 hours watching bands on stage with no breaks)

Dianne van Giersbergen

Maradona high as hell celebrating(?) Messi's goal

Pasapalabra

Tough one.... I'd go with Floor Jansen. This woman inspires me every year with her professionalism and dedication and passion.

Nürnberg. Lovely city.

Alright, here we go! This will take some time to finish, so it's in progress mode at the moment!

@some_dude_on_the_interwebs,  @dandelion (oh she's not even in the list of members anymore! I tried to mention her), @WhiteRaven, @mojo

@Serena, please don't stop though!:good:

@hunebedbouwer, @Baki

@Magnus, @hunebedbouwer

@angel_heart, @Himiko, @Somebody's Lass, @Baki

15) The OFFTOPICCALLER - award........which member continously posts above, under and next to the thread subjects? @hunebedbouwer

@angel_heart I'm so glad you are still around here from time to time :)

@Himiko

Auri - Auri

Dimmu Borgir - Eonian

Amorphis - Queen of Time

Tribulation - Down Below

I rewatched LOTR again, and well, nothing will ever be good enough for a few years again now. Utter perfection.

I ate this at a restaurant, it was sooo good! So well composed, all the flavours together... 

From their online menu: Grilled char with baked lace cabbage, browned lemon sauce, fresh potatoes, broccoli and romanesco crudité, hazelnuts and dill. With a glass of Chardonnay.:ok:

Dimmu Borgir at Midgardsblot Festival in Norway.

Marcela Bovio maybe.

I am completely uninterested.

Borre Vikingmounds in Norway.          

3 minutes ago, Eilenna said:

@Serena, please don't stop though!:good:

Thanks Elienna! :D

@some_dude_on_the_interwebs

tumblr_m0yyx7KDiD1roxjp8o1_500.jpg

................'you need to come back as soon as possible, as now already 4 members have accused me of being the most OFF TOPIC person on this forum, while it was Always you who took that title'...................

Sincerely desperate,

hunebedbouwer

On 1/17/2019 at 5:26 PM, Damian said:

They impressed me because they're Tarja fans, I mean, what you guys doing here? :P @Encaitar @Sophia

Ahaha, tbh I was asking the same question from myself a couple of times. :lol: (I checked back here because I was nostalgic and I got stuck here because I think this is the only functional international non-facebook community which is centered around the music I like the most, and I've missed that. Apparently I am old-school, I don't like posting to facebook groups...)

And thanks again guys!! I still don't feel like I've spent enough time here to complete this, but there's still time left until the end of the month. :coffee:

@Sophia

I agree that this is a "international non-facebook community" which is so attractive to me due to the international opinions and information freely shared.

@hunebedbouwer

Soon I'll be posting my votes.....so many questions and so many forum members...who to choose? :scratchhead:

the only functional international non-facebook community which is centered around the music I like the most,

Yeah.

@Sophia

Ofcourse, there is still the option of writing replies and posts and send them by airmail (seamail if you really want to make it nostalgic!) to other members...:P 

@suomi usa

So many questions? It's meant as the last school year's exams, before you go on your summer holiday!

13 hours ago, hunebedbouwer said:

Ofcourse, there is still the option of writing replies and posts and send them by airmail (seamail if you really want to make it nostalgic!) to other members...:P 

I'm more the raven post kind of person, but thanks, I'll consider it.:ok:

But seriously, I was really disappointed when most of the fan communities I've been in or followed (especially Tarja's) have moved to facebook. I am still in them, and they're more practical in a way, but it's so different. Meh... I guess I just don't like to do everything via facebook.