Sign in to follow this  
Mainshow

Lord Of The Lost

6 posts in this topic

I'm surprised that this forum lacks a thread for this amazing band! 

Lord Of The Lost are a German dark rock/metal/gothic band and they have already released six studio albums. 

I accidently discovered them on YouTube and I was heavily impressed by a song titled "Morgana":

I've read a few reviews and it seems that critics praise this song and calling it their best work to date. 

It made me by their 2018's album "Thornstar" which sounds very diverse. 
The lead singer's deep voice, the songs' melodic structure as well as several growls and screams make this album fully enjoyable. It's quite heavy (as well as a bit "danceable", synth-esque in a few parts).

I discovered Lord Of The Lost last year with their "Swan Songs II" album which impressed me with the classical influences on it.

Lord Of The Lost also played a classical enemble tour last year and recently released a live DVD / 2CD of that tour, they recorded the concert at the Christuskirche in Bochum:

Beside that "Swan Songs" records and the live DVD / 2CD their "normal" records are good but to me not as good as "Thornstar". Even though I haven't expected it but "Thornstar" became one of my favorite records thiis year, It's without a doubt the best "rock" record from Lord Of The Lost. As you said it sounds very diverse and in my opinion it has more atmosphere than their previous records, the songs are really amazing:

One of my personal favorite songs is "Cut Me Out":

I need to check out "Swan Songs". I usually appreciate classic/al albums by metal bands. 

For now, I don't have the urge to listen to their previous records, though, 'cause "Thornstar" still amazes me and if you say that the other albums aren't that good, I don't think it's necessary to listen to "lesser" songs, now :D I will give 'em a chance later, though. 

"Cut Me Out" is great ;) - I guess my favourite track is still "Morgana" but I  "Haythor" comes close to it :D

29 minutes ago, Mainshow said:

if you say that the other albums aren't that good, I don't think it's necessary to listen to "lesser" songs, now :D I will give 'em a chance later, though. 

Well there are single songs from the other albums I really like but the entire albums have many songs I don't care.

For example I can recommend "Prison" from "Antagony", "Drag Me To Hell" and "Raining Stars" from "Empyrean" and "See You Soon" from "Die Tomorrow". The deluxe edition from "Die Tomorrow" has a bonus CD with a really cool collaboration with Alex Wesselsky from Eisbrecher called "Eure Siege", these are the songs I most like from the older records.