Marius

Decades World Tour 2018

2,465 posts in this topic

On 3/9/2018 at 10:01 PM, Magnus said:

Pulling an all-nighter? :P

Yeah, already failing at going to bed tonight so I'll wait a couple of more minutes. Excited to see what's on that set :) 

Update: Appearantly they are playing parts of Swanheart in the intro'

Second update: First song is End of all Hope :D 

Third update: Second song is Wish I Had An Angel :ermm:

Fourth update: 10th Man Down!! :D

Fifth update: Come Cover Me and Gethsemane confirmed!

(now I'll go to bed, we'll have the rest tomorrow)

They're not even an hour into this and I know I'm going to be dead the end of next week. This setlist! :clap:

Looks like they're doing songs not on the album, therefore, no straight setlist from the Decades release. As Come Cover Me is not on there.

They better make a DVD from this tour too.

So far...

End of All Hope

Wish I Had an Angel

10th Man Down

Come Cover Me

Gethsemane

Élan

Sacrament of Wilderness

Dead Boy's Poem

Elvenpath

I Want My Tears Back

The Carpenter

The Kinslayer

Devil & The Deep Dark Ocean

Nemo

Slaying the Dreamer

The Greatest Show on Earth

Ghost Love Score

No updates since Ghost Love Score. Last song? Was sort of hoping for Poet and the Pendulum, or another surprise there at the end. I thought the show was supposed to be 2.5 hours, so, 8:30-11:00.

1 hour ago, Marius said:

End of all Hope :D 

Wish I Had An Angel :ermm:

10th Man Down!! :D

Come Cover Me and Gethsemane confirmed!

Great start...apart from Come Cover Me. 

So, they're playing songs outside the album Official tracklist. Imagine all the possibilities...

The setlist has been published on Setlist.fm. I can't wait till August!

Devil & the Deep Dark Ocean sounds so surprisingly good! I am sure it's going to be one of the highlights from the shows, and Floor totally made it a new "floorgasm".  Epic performance! :dwarf:

Tuomas plays with hat, nobody headbanging, everything is orchestrated.... not good for me. Sorry guys. I will stick to the 2002 videos. :) .. :(

For god sake SHOW SOME EMOTION ON DEVIL AND THE DEEP DARK OCEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WHY THE NEED TO MAKE POWER SONG ORCHESTRAL????????????????

Edit: Devil in D? Kill it with fire. 

Looks like it ended with Ghost Love Score. I thought the show was going to go from 8:30-11:00, so, I was expecting more songs after GLS.

Still an amazing setlist!! Can't wait for some good videos, and for next week :D .

And those who attended the VIP, let us know how it went.

37 minutes ago, GhostHell said:

Devil & the Deep Dark Ocean sounds so surprisingly good! I am sure it's going to be one of the highlights from the shows, and Floor totally made it a new "floorgasm".  Epic performance! :dwarf:

Doesn't surprise me! In fact when it became clear that Kai stays with the band and that they plan on doing a 'history tour', this was THE SONG I immediately thought was going to fit like a glove for him, a technically superior drummer. This is also a song that would most likely sound absolutely awful if the drummer wasn't quite so technically talented and was a bit off timing-wise here and there.

edit: Marco's interpretation wasn't totally convincing though in this song. A bit half-hearted. Hopefully he finds a bit more passion as the tour progresses.

Edited by gabby

Looks like an incredible setlist! I hope they include TPATP at some point though, that song is ELEMENTAL if we talk about NW history, which is what this tour is about.

I am still deceased though. I never thought I would be able to go to a NW show and less with this sort of setlist!!! Next saturday can't come soon enough!!!!!!!!!!!

Won't see the videos though, wanna get my first impressions on my show:yahoo:

Unsurprisingly, Floor already owns thw song, and the orchestration is pretty fantastic. 

Am I gonna buy the live album with the same Setlist as the compilation only because Floor sings in it? 

Yes, yes I will. 

This is pure business.

Edit: No string quartet composed from Troy. Finally good news.

I am totally pissed!

I have the feeling they're gonna tease us and the setlist is gonna chance radically on the next few shows.

I bet the band thinks they're so clever for playing Devil & The Deep Dark Ocean in D.

Eh....I don't know about this.  I just can't picture 10th Man Down sounding any good detuned.

I haven't completely made up my mind.  But tickets for this are starting at $60.  I'd question paying $60 for Maiden and Blind Guardian, but Nightwish not plugged in properly?  Seems like they're taking the Marcelo example of ticket prices.

All this is going to do is make Tarjaholics scream that Tarja would never have done these songs in D.

Okay, currently trying to send videos to myself so I can attach them to this thread. Yes, Troy sang "The Carpenter" with Floor. I have a short video of that, and another short video of "Elvenpath." And I recorded the entirety of "The Kinslayer" as I said I would if they played it. :D Also, not sure if anyone has said this yet: they opened with a instrumental snippet of "Swanheart." It was lovely. I did the VIP, and it pretty much went as it always had in my experience. Quick handshake, a few seconds to exchange greetings, picture with band behind the table, and they sign two things. We did get prettier wristbands this time-so at least there's that. And at least Kai got to sign a poster that actually had him on it! I think everyone-VIP or not-got a copy of the new Decades album & VIP also got a DVD/CD or Blu-ray/CD copy of Vehicle Of Spirit. The shirts are expensive-$40. And they've got other things-a cute owl statue, underwear, and probably more. I only got a shirt.

Edit: Vids are taking forever to send. I'll try to post them tomorrow. Not sure if I can even upload the full video of "The Kinslayer" to the forum. It might be too large of a file...maybe I could break it up into several videos?  :ermm:

16 minutes ago, everwish said:

Okay, currently trying to send videos to myself so I can attach them to this thread. Yes, Troy sang "The Carpenter" with Floor. I have a short video of that, and another short video of "Elvenpath." And I recorded the entirety of "The Kinslayer" as I said I would if they played it. :D Also, not sure if anyone has said this yet: they opened with a instrumental snippet of "Swanheart." It was lovely. I did the VIP, and it pretty much went as it always had in my experience. Quick handshake, a few seconds to exchange greetings, picture with band behind the table, and they sign two things. We did get prettier wristbands this time-so at least there's that. And at least Kai got to sign a poster that actually had him on it! I think everyone-VIP or not-got a copy of the new "Decades" album & VIP also got a DVD/CD or Blu-ray/CD copy of "Vehicle Of Spirit." The shirts are expensive-$40. And they've got other things-a cute owl statue, underwear, and probably more. I only got a shirt.

nnnng I was hoping they would ditch the "standing behind the table" photo thing, oh well. Were they nice? Did they allow people to bring presents in?

Do they have new shirt designs or are they all the same as on the webshop? 

I hope they do the Vehicle of Spirit thing on my date as well!!! 

7 minutes ago, Babrablack said:

nnnng I was hoping they would ditch the "standing behind the table" photo thing, oh well. Were they nice? Did they allow people to bring presents in?

Are the shirts new designs or the same as on the webshop? 

I hope they do the Vehicle of Spirit thing on my date as well!!! 

The table thing....yes, I wish they'd ditch it too. It feels so...impersonal. Yes, they were nice, but in my experience they always are! I didn't see anyone bringing presents, but I think it'd be okay. They've never minded it before. And the shirts are the same as on the webshop. They have the designs for all the albums, but only the "Decades" shirt has the tour dates-which is why it is the one I bought. 

A video from Nightwish´s  Atlanta show on  March 9, 2018. I have always admired, among other things, how well Floor Jansen is able to move on stage in spite of being a tall woman and even taller with high heels. Here she dances gracefully in I Want My Tears Back. She must have been training dancing and also otherwise, those muscles on her upper arms have needed many hours of exercise to develop. So very nice that people keep themselves in good shape.