Marius

Decades World Tour 2018

2,437 posts in this topic

On 6/5/2018 at 3:55 PM, JRA said:

but there is something wrong with trying to pass off certain different things as "metal."

"Metal" is an extremely broad genre though. Most people actually would call this a metal song(even if in the ligher end of the spectrum), but you're saying Élan isn't? OK then... sure.

Hello everyone! I haven't posted here in... quite a while, looking back, but decided to share: the unthinkable happened and Nightwish did come to my country (back in 2016 and it was the best show I've seen in my entire life) and are coming back this summer as part of this tour! I, of course, already have a dream setlist in my head; it did come sort of true last time, so I'm hoping for the best once again. :cool:

On 04/06/2018 at 11:00 PM, JRA said:

GTFO with that strawman argument.    I'm all for inclusivity as long as the music isn't trash.  Elan is trash and unfortunately it's the type of trash that attracts certain animals that wouldn't be lurking there in the first place if they couldn't smell it.

You mean, it's all good for you, as long as it's good by your terms, amiright?

- The Carpenter

+ Nightquest

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 hour ago, dragonprincess said:

I prefer Nightquest way over The Carpenter and it would be great to hear that song live one day. More love for bonus tracks. Or they should replace The Carpenter with another song of Angels Fall First like Astral Romance or Nymphomaniac Fantasia.

Oh I would absolutely love to hear Nightquest, too. It's just a living meme with me and a group of my friends who are big-time NW fans. But it's still a great song.

.... Wait, Astral or Nympho? My sarcasm detector is confused now.

On 6/13/2018 at 9:02 PM, Moving Pictures said:

You mean, it's all good for you, as long as it's good by your terms, amiright?

No

Hey, let's enjoy Carpenter while we have it. Haven't witnessed it personally yet, but judging by some YT-recordings, it's a solid performance. It is not my favourite either, but I get why they want to do it, considering it's special status being their first officially released song ever.  I mean, yeah, there are better songs on AFF alone, sure, but the first single is the first single. It is a history tour after all.

For the same reason, I believe, there's Nemo, being their first bigger "hit" and Greatest Show, their "magnum opus" and so on.... I'd personally pick different songs, yes, but I do realize why they play these.

(They could, however, replace it with Nigthtwish the song from Nightwish the demo. Not gonna happen, I know. The song isn't any better and is even less-known but it has the same, if not bigger retro value.)

Band has said that some of the songs they've dug up will not stick around for next tours and I'd say it's a relatively safe bet The Carpenter is one of them.

About the Élan thing.

I actually prefer the simple honesty of Élan rather than the overrated grandiosity of TGSOE which gets tiresome after a few minutes. It's a long song, not a great song.

49 minutes ago, planet_terror said:

About the Élan thing.

I actually prefer the simple honesty of Élan rather than the overrated grandiosity of TGSOE which gets tiresome after a few minutes. It's a long song, not a great song.

X2. I'm not Élan's biggest fan but if there's an EFMB song that HAS to leave the setlist it is TGSOE. It takes too much space and I find it very boring and disjointed.

1 hour ago, Myrow said:

Hey, let's enjoy Carpenter while we have it. Haven't witnessed it personally yet, but judging by some YT-recordings, it's a solid performance. It is not my favourite either, but I get why they want to do it, considering it's special status being their first officially released song ever.  I mean, yeah, there are better songs on AFF alone, sure, but the first single is the first single. It is a history tour after all.

For the same reason, I believe, there's Nemo, being their first bigger "hit" and Greatest Show, their "magnum opus" and so on.... I'd personally pick different songs, yes, but I do realize why they play these.

(They could, however, replace it with Nigthtwish the song from Nightwish the demo. Not gonna happen, I know. The song isn't any better and is even less-known but it has the same, if not bigger retro value.)

Band has said that some of the songs they've dug up will not stick around for next tours and I'd say it's a relatively safe bet The Carpenter is one of them.

At first I hadn't thought about it that way, but you're right! Re-watching those videos I realized it's not thaaat bad. We have to bear in mind that it has already left the festival setlist, and probably won't re-appear until the SA leg (if it does!). Sure, I'd rather have Astral Romance, Tutanhamen, BatB or Know Why from that album, but it's still a truly underrated gem. Once you give it a chance you see it has its own charm. And it's still something from AFF that is being played live. That is something to consider.

I really enjoyed The Carpenter at both shows. While the song is "boring" compared the rest of the set in terms of heaviness, it is pure nostalgia. And considering how much the band themselves may not even love that song, it's really a testament to them also trying to please the fans with this setlist that they did add it in. And the new live arrangement is beautiful. The harmonies between Floor and Troy are great. I wouldn't wish it out of the full show setlist. 

@Caroldo you have any insider info if thre will be additional European dates, or that´s it? 

I appreciate the fact that they're performing The Carpenter, but I just wish they could record it for a future Blu-ray and then replace it with... just about any other song from their catalogue. it's by far their worst song, imo.

On 15/6/2018 at 11:28 PM, planet_terror said:

About the Élan thing.

Same here!!!!

On 6/16/2018 at 9:27 AM, Baki said:

@Caroldo you have any insider info if thre will be additional European dates, or that´s it? 

I don't sorry. I'll try and do some digging

4 hours ago, Carol said:

I don't sorry. I'll try and do some digging

Thanks a lot, dont worry. 

And so The Decades tour continues.....Copenhell!  Really a good show with lots of energy! The evening went too quicky.  All the members were very smiley. Floor was at her best getting the crowd rocking. The stage was huge so the screens we're a nice touch. Lots of fiery scenes to go along with the music. Marco and Empuu did their interplay. The audience was really into Nightwishes music. Of course, the last song was Ghost Love Score was is one of my favorites! 

Was that an "Oh, Lord, they sound so good" or an "Oh Lord, they suck nowadays"? With you  I don't even know!

Oh this is making me so excited to see them headline Bloodstock in a few weeks.

Then Wembley in Dec to hear whatever songs have been dropped from the USA setlist for festivals.

Floor sounded so good in that clip from last night.

They just announced a Denmark show on November the 3rd. And they announced it just after their danish show :P

Also: hey, Nightwish, if you haven't decided yet, make the dvd happen! Seriously!

Great, and the fiery background looks very nice. :)

13 hours ago, GreatEye said:

oh lord 

Wooow Floor sounded like in her After Forever days. That was a 10/10 performance.