Marius

Decades World Tour 2018

2,465 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, GreatEye said:

Nope, he is lying to you. They play TGSOE before GLS so you must wait. I propose you going to pee on TGSOE. 

Or to the merch shop!!

I don't understand all the hate to TGSOE. I attended the Lahti gig and the TGSOE part was one of the best live performances I have ever seen. it was amazing, stunning and to be honest, the people who stood next to me really enjoyed. It combines all the best Nightwish-stage-stuff with one of their most diversified songs.

Actually, I prefer both TPATP and GLS than TGSOE! I like Four Point Six and The Toolmaker, but not Life!

TGSOE is one of their best songs, if not the best, as far as I'm concerned. But I also agree that it should not be a mainstay on every single tour because of how long it is. I'd rather have a 2-5 other songs in its place. And like others have already mentioned, chances are Tuomas has written another long epic for the next album anyway.

But I will say they nail this song live every single time. I'm thinking that out of all the songs that were written for her voice so far, Floor probably takes the most pride in singing this one. I would too.

22 hours ago, Ahasverus said:

'Cause I can and want. You can always start your own forum with no criticism or dissenting voices allowed. Meanwhile, well.

--

I can't believe the concert is less than 2 weeks away, these 4 years just flew by! and they already confirmed they'll record some part of the Bogotá show. Maybe I can get on camera and you'll have a pic to use voodoo on haha.

Can't really wait. Deep Silent Completely Gethsemane AND Nemo in the same concert? I think I might not make it past the night.

The current setlist is just too damn good.

I'm sure you will enjoy TGSOE live anyway ;)

7 hours ago, planet_terror said:

I'm sure you will enjoy TGSOE live anyway ;)

Perhaps if they play it all through, sure, because I think the first "operatic part" is kinda one of the best things NW has written in a decade. Which almost, almost fooled me into thinking the song was going to be fantastic the first time I heard it.

I already heard the song once live and yeah, the "we were here" part is pure fun live, but still, when those animals start playing (Which coincidentally  is Marco and Troy doing monkey sounds like kindergarteners) I instinctively begin to chuckle out of cringe.

2 minutes ago, Ahasverus said:

I think the first "operatic part" is kinda one of the best things NW has written in a decade

It's amazing!! :D

On 9/24/2018 at 8:41 AM, Serena said:

Actually, I prefer both TPATP and GLS than TGSOE! I like Four Point Six and The Toolmaker, but not Life!

Agree. And don't forget Beauty of the Beast ;) It's my favourite one.

(Actually I think every one of their long epics is better than TGSOE, and that even includes Lappi LOL)

I kinda like Four Point Six but sometimes I find it too long.

--

Anyway, good luck to those who are going to the upcoming shows! Two days left!

On 9/24/2018 at 6:42 PM, Ahasverus said:

when those animals start playing (Which coincidentally  is Marco and Troy doing monkey sounds like kindergarteners) I instinctively begin to chuckle out of cringe.

I have to agree with the cringing in the animal parts!

37 minutes ago, planet_terror said:

I have to agree with the cringing in the animal parts!

Sum me on that!!!

1 hour ago, Ahasverus said:

Does the Latam tour starts today? hype!

2 days left!!

Sadly, I can not hear Floor in "Gethsemane" , because an euphoric fan entertains us with his "magnificent" voice (badadadada:P). Although "The Devil and The Deep Dark Ocean" was awesome as always..

Small digression: If Nightwish continue to act like bored old (enter your word here), the fans will start to leave after the opening band. 

3 hours ago, Tiranu said:

Sadly, I can not hear Floor in "Gethsemane" , because an euphoric fan entertains us with his "magnificent" voice (badadadada:P).

LOL, it's the same guy who went to the first shows of the NA tour on March, and did exactly the same thing. That's why the first and most voted comment on the video is "again parararara?". I'm dying xD / Edit: OMG, he actually screamed what Tarja said in the EoEA DVD during Kinslayer's break :D That guy's my spirit animal on concerts.

I'm excited to watch Marco joining the stage with Delain :) Awesome bonus to the show.

2 hours ago, Damian said:

OMG, he actually screamed what Tarja said in the EoEA DVD during Kinslayer's break :D That guy's my spirit animal on concerts.

Haha haha I’m dying!

4 hours ago, Damian said:

Edit: OMG, he actually screamed what Tarja said in the EoEA DVD during Kinslayer's break 

LMFAO!!! :D

5 hours ago, Serena said:

Love Floor's outfit!! :D

It's the same one she used during the Wacken performance, right? But I don't mind. It's a great one! Will look amazing in the pro-shot recordings. Glad to see Kinslayer back again. This is why filming in South America is a great idea. The audience is on fire.