Marius

Decades World Tour 2018

2,437 posts in this topic

I'm really crossing my fingers the first two live clips released on YouTube will be Devil & the Deep Dark Ocean (this is a real highlight of the show and will definitely be popular) and Dead Boy's Poem. If it's Wish I Had an Angel, Amaranth or something else from Once, Dark Passion Play, Imaginaerum or Endless Forms Most Beautiful I'm gonna facepalm. This particular recording definitely needs to be marketed with actual oldies and fan favourites.

Yeah, no duplicates please. The recordings they've released so far to promote previous live releases have all been great, so there's no reason to put out something that'll essentially just feel like a repeat. And I also feel like the main appeal of the Decades tour was to hear oldies that have rarely if ever been performed live and might never be played again, so if they market it with popular songs like Nemo or Amaranth that will just be a giant fail in my book. People aren't going to buy this DVD because it's got those songs on it, no matter how good those performances might be. People want it because it has performances of gems from their pre-Nuclear Blast era on it. Dead Boy's Poem, 10th Man Down, The Kinslayer, Devil & the Deep Dark Ocean, Gethsemane, Elvenpath etc.

By the way, I was thinking about bonus features earlier. I'm hoping for:

• Devil & the Deep Dark Ocean and 10th Man Down with Tapio Wilska
  • Wishmaster with Netta Skog
  • Dark Chest of Wonders
  • Last Ride of the Day
  • Behind the scenes footage of some kind

If they're using the Buenos Aires show entirely, we will have end of all hope instead of dark chest of wonders. And I'm super fine with this!!

Hope to have some behind the scenes too, like in the previous live releases

Devil & the Deep Dark Ocean or The Kinslayer would make great promo videos for the DVD. And they should definitely include the live version with Wilska as a bonus or something else. Put a separate disc containing the entire videography from 1996 to 2015 and it is already an awesome package.

I am curious about the title of the DVD too. Maybe "A Spellbound Night - Live from Buenos Aires" or "The Heart of the Night" (yes, they are mentions of Elvenpath and GLS, and I like the word "night" a lot). :wizard:

I think they will keep Decades as a title. Maybe it will be Decades-Live or something like that, something which will show that the concert mainly has older songs. 

"Our Decades in Buenos Aires" could be a good title. They've been touring over South America throughout their 20 years, Bs As was always included, and since they're not willing to play that song live, they can use it as a DVD title at least.

2 hours ago, la-vale said:

we will have end of all hope instead of dark chest of wonders. And I'm super fine with this!!

Sure! It's been included in 3 DVDs, we have enough live footage of that song - awesome song, but a bit overplayed.

8 minutes ago, Imagineer said:

I think they will keep Decades as a title. Maybe it will be Decades-Live or something like that, something which will show that the concert mainly has older songs. 

Decades Live is quite a lazy title in my opinion. Evanescence did something similar with their Synthesis Live DVD and it's a bit lame. If they want I can think of a thousand possible titles for their releases.

@DamianI love that title! Would be better if it was "Our Decades in São Paulo", just saying... :P

You know it THAT will happen sooner or later. You have more chances than us, better venues, and more attendants, tbh.

The fact that NW decided to record here is a bit of a miracle :P The "Argentinean bonus tracks" featured in 3 of their 5 DVDs were the only chances we could've ever dreamt of. But it happened, and one year later I still can't believe it. 

And I won't believe it until I see it with my eyes, so please hurry up with the final touch, Ville :D 

I am still waiting for the DVD titled "The Second Greatest Show on Earth". 

3 hours ago, GhostHell said:

Decades Live is quite a lazy title in my opinion. Evanescence did something similar with their Synthesis Live DVD and it's a bit lame. If they want I can think of a thousand possible titles for their releases.

@DamianI love that title! Would be better if it was "Our Decades in São Paulo", just saying... :P

I kinda agree it is lame, but at the same time it kinda of represents what that tour was all about in both cases. Both Synthesis and the Decades tour were special occasions, so it doesn't feel as lame, as the title represents what these two tours were all about. If VOS was called EFMB-live, then yes, that would be totally lame. Anyway, I hope we'll know before the end of the month!

I'm still assuming the show in Colombia will be used more as back-up footage to replace mistakes and bad shots from the main show.

As for the title, I really want them to pick "Decades: An Evening of Song" to mirror the subtitle of the compilation album.