Sign in to follow this  
Oha-Cade

Valcata — New Symphonic Metal Opera

14 posts in this topic

https://www.valcata.com/blog/symphonic-metal-opera-valcata-due-october-18th-2019

ARTWORK_MASTER_MASTER-website.thumb.jpg.1efb46702b3b01bcec1cdf56c6baf2bf.jpg

Valcata is a new independent symphonic metal opera that I composed and will be releasing on October 18th 2019. It features an ensemble of eight lead singers. The album was produced online in its entirety and features musicians from around the globe — including Zuberoa Aznàrez (Diabulus in Musica), Angel Wolf-Black (Vivaldi Metal Project), Mary Zimmer (VoiceHacks, ex-White Empress), and Steelianos Amirides (Enemy of Reality), to name a few. For more details on who is involved, please check out the website and social media links:

www.valcata.com
Facebook.com/ValcataProject
Instagram.com/valcata_official/

I would be thrilled if the members of this forum checked us out and supported us in anticipation of the release.

PS: I apologize if this is too self-promotion-y. I am a long-time member of the forum but created a new account just for privacy (mods feel free to ask).

Edited by Oha-Cade
Inclusion of release date

3 minutes ago, Serena said:

You forgot to say it is released on Dec 18!

It's actually October 18th, but thanks — I just corrected it!

Very interesting project. In the vein of Arjen Lucassen's work? The "distributed" cast idea is something that's been growing on me. Another case of internet as disruptive technology that I'm choosing to believe will be a good thing (like hoping local groups can still get paid session work?)

You're working with pros so really, I'm not at all putting my name forward for anything (definitely in the amateur space although my orchestra does work with pro soloists). Maybe some advanced amateurs could put something together.

Something like these guys (are they music students?) or this project (although I'm an instrumentalist, not a trained singer) would be so cool!

Looks really good so far. Will there be clips/demos we can listen to?

Thanks for showing interest! Yes, Arjen Lucassen is a huge inspiration. The Source in particular inspired me a lot, although this project definitely has its own sound.

Regarding your point about the internet - absolutely, I wouldn't have been able to make this happen if it weren't for the ability to connect and collaborate online. It's so great to be able do that in this age.

There will be teasers and lyric videos posted in advance of the release and I'll be sure to update this thread when those are out!

This sounds really interesting, and as a big fan of the God that is Arjen Lucassen, you've definitely got my attention....

This Monday September 2nd, we will be sending out early access codes to redeem our first single '3-2-1' on Bandcamp. It features Angel Wolf-Black, Mary Zimmer, Hadi Kiani and Kenneth Elan.

If you sign up for the newsletter on our homepage, we will send you a code on Monday — if you're super curious about hearing something early :)

A full teaser video will be uploaded on September 6th, and more tracks will be streamable by then!

Today we posted our teaser trailer! I'd love to get your thoughts. We also have two full songs streaming on our Bandcamp (more details below).

Valcata (2019) - Symphonic Metal Opera - Album Teaser Trailer

PRE-ORDER

FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA:

FOR MORE INFO, VISIT OUR WEBSITE:
valcata.com

4 hours ago, Speckofdust said:

Not like it at all it is boring...Vocals are nothing special...

Sorry to hear that, but I respect your opinion. You might hear something you like better on the album ;)

Not bad. My biggest criticism is that the vocals sound very "on top" of the music. Like they're clearly seperate, instead of mixed in.

I also don't like the lyrics but that's just personal taste. It reminds me of Ayreon, which I don't like either, but I know many people love it.

Didn't like 3-2-1 at first. But I've listened to it a few more times now and it's grown on me a lot!

Looking forward to the rest of the album!

Thank you all for your comments and feedback so far! I really appreciate everyone's thoughts.

Today we released the audio of another album track, 'Horror Machine'.