Sign in to follow this  
Imagineer

Nightwish World Tour 2020

119 posts in this topic

So. We now know the Europe tour will be around October-December 2020. The SA one will be in May 2020, but we know that the tour will start in April. NA sounds like a good place to start, but I doubt they'd put the NA and SA tours one after the other. Maybe some UK dates for April? Or special Finnish shows?

20 minutes ago, Imagineer said:

So. We now know the Europe tour will be around October-December 2020. The SA one will be in May 2020, but we know that the tour will start in April. NA sounds like a good place to start, but I doubt they'd put the NA and SA tours one after the other. Maybe some UK dates for April? Or special Finnish shows?

Very plausible.  I'd probably lean toward the special Finnish shows.  (would be shocked to see UK tour be the first performances!!)

Sounds like summer 2020 (July/August??) for NA then?

14 minutes ago, Encaitar said:

Sounds like summer 2020 (July/August??) for NA then?

June/July/August is the Season of the big Festivals in Europe. Will be a tight schedule if they want to be part of some of those. Hm :dunno:

Uk is normally near the end if the euro tour now that they are in arenas here(uk)

euro festivals for sure in June/July

I bet they'll visit the US around september (sept oct are the months they usually come down here to SA, so it seems logical that they're switching places)

27 minutes ago, Imagineer said:

Mods, I just realised I probably started this discussion in the wrong thread. Oops :P Sorry about that, you can move it if you want.

Haha I totally love how none of us realised it either and just chatted as normal :P

50 minutes ago, Encaitar said:

Haha I totally love how none of us realised it either and just chatted as normal :P

nrghW8m.jpg

I hope they'll do a special concert this time. Hopefully, with a live orchestra and choir, but even if not, something else. I don't know what :P Maybe a 3 hour concert with special guests and special songs? I don't know... something :P

15 hours ago, Imagineer said:

I hope they'll do a special concert this time. Hopefully, with a live orchestra and choir, but even if not, something else. I don't know what :P Maybe a 3 hour concert with special guests and special songs? I don't know... something :P

The tour should last until the autumn of 2021, if they stay doing the usual. Which will coincide with the 25th anniversary of the band. Hope they can deliver a special commemoration for such event. A 3-hour concert is a must for every Nightwish fan, I guess.

On 9/5/2019 at 9:15 PM, Imagineer said:

Hopefully Australia to make up for the long wait and skipping us on the Decades tour :P

But seriously, I'm going to be absolutely heartbroken if Australia doesn't get a stop this time around. I know the band was talking about scaling back tours but surely that can't mean skipping Oz...

Sooo, what are these symbols in the middle? Are they logos of the promoters or sth? Or could they possibly have something to do with the new album?!?!

Haha you guys are crazy :D Detox posted nearly the same, nearly at the same time in another thread with an explanation of the symbols.

14 minutes ago, crypt said:

Haha you guys are crazy :D Detox posted nearly the same, nearly at the same time in another thread with an explanation of the symbols.

Hahaha. We are not at all hungry for any tiny bit of new info. No, we are not 😛

It'd be great to have the US tour dates so we can spam all over the vocal coach/reaction videos. All those American youtubers saying "OMG I need to watch them live right now!", BOOM! here's the US tour dates, now go to the concert! If some of the suscribers/followers wants to know it, they'll have the info right there in the comment section.

Marko is opening basically for himself, inception style. Sweet deal if you can get it. I just hope he is not going to overexert himself. That is going to be what, three hours on stage for four evenings? 

If they're gonna film a show on the next tour for another live release, it'd make sense to have one where Marko is the opening act, so they can film his set and release it as a bonus-DVD with a re-issue of his album.

I know I may be looking too far, but I can't help thinking how the setlist is going to be for the live shows.

Do you guys think some songs that have been played many times already but are such live bangers, like Ghost Love Score will be left out? I don't think they'll be looking the old catalogue too much, I bet the setlist will be mainly focused on the new album (of course) and EFMB.

20 minutes ago, i-slander said:

I know I may be looking too far, but I can't help thinking how the setlist is going to be for the live shows.

Do you guys think some songs that have been played many times already but are such live bangers, like Ghost Love Score will be left out? I don't think they'll be looking the old catalogue too much, I bet the setlist will be mainly focused on the new album (of course) and EFMB.

I think main focus will be new album (obviously) and post-DPP stuff. Tuomas said that Decades tour would be the last chance to perform some old rarities (which is a shame), so that makes me believe that they intend to focus on the most recent material this time. There are some beautiful pieces to be played with Floor yet, like Dead Gardens, Cadence of Her Last Breath, Eva, Whoever Brings the Night, Rest Calm and Turn Loose the Mermaids to mention a few.

However, I think it's commonly agreed by fans that Beauty of the Beast should return to the set. I even dare to say that this should be the new show closure, replacing GLS.

I vote for Fantasmic, BotB and Song of Myself as the three epics for the tour.

And would give a well deserved rest to:

- Ever Dream
- Dark Chest of Wonders
- Wish I Had an Angel
- Nemo
- Ghost Love Score
- Amaranth
- I Want My Tears Back

Yeah those songs should definitely have a long rest, but at the same time they've become so endearing... haha I don't know.

It would be cool to see more Imaginaerum stuff come back live again aswell (turn loose, scaretale, ghost river, song of myself) since they were never played live again :( 

It's setlist time!

What I'd like to see (but also keeping the obligatory Nemo etc :P )

• New song
  • New song
  • Alpenglow
  • new song
  • Sahara
  • Deep Silent Complete
  • new song
  • Shudder Before the Beautiful
  • Ghost River
  • 7 Days to the Wolves
  • Elan
  • My Walden
  • new song
  • Nemo
  • Devil and the Deep Dark Ocean
  • new song
  • new song
  • Rest Calm
  • Beauty of the Beast
  • Last Ride of the Day
  • new song

Man, that was hard and I'm still not completely satisfied by it :P. I can easily make a second one with different songs :P

New festival in Poland was announced today. The same symbols from last time can be seen under the band logo. Seems legit.

Eagerly waiting for those U.S. tour dates. I expect it in early 2020, like usual. Which means I assume they will make an announcement of some sort soon if that's the case.

As far as the setlist goes, I expect a normal setlist again. Meaning a lot of their hits. Plus, 5 or 6 new songs. Then, maybe throw in a new oldie they haven't performed in a while, that would be nice. Or at least bring "Devil and the Deep Dark Ocean" or "Slaying the Dreamer" back. They were fantastic during the Decades tour.

Devil and the Deep Dark Ocean is most welcome back into the setlist. Fits both Floor and Marco like a glove. Ghost River and The Siren would be nice too.

The Helsinki Olympic stadium would be a great place for a gig next summer, since the renovation is finally complete. One can only hope.