Sign in to follow this  
Imagineer

Nightwish World Tour 2020

193 posts in this topic

On 10/30/2019 at 11:14 AM, Marius said:

BUT, have to say that these tickets were really expensive. 67 euros just for standing tickets.

If the tickets are that expensive in Norway, then I guess we will have an empty hope to get them for less than 100€ :o

15 hours ago, Sten said:

Because thats fucking metal. Metal is all about freedom and being wild for a night. Moshing and headbanging are ways to do that. If you dont like that then please get seats or stay bit back. I hate when people are at a metal concert in front rows and then just stand there. Later probably look at you with an angry face..

Yes, but why should it only be "moshers" who are able to get that close to the band?  Others should be able to get as close as they want, without feeling afraid....

On 10/31/2019 at 8:23 PM, Sten said:

Because thats fucking metal. Metal is all about freedom and being wild for a night. Moshing and headbanging are ways to do that. If you dont like that then please get seats or stay bit back. I hate when people are at a metal concert in front rows and then just stand there. Later probably look at you with an angry face..

Oh pffft, that's not metal, that's rudeness. I come to concerts to see the band and have a good time with like-minded people, not to be pushed around by people who have no consideration for other people's well-being. I'm still pissed at the two drunk girls who pushed through the crowd and stood near me at the EV concert and kept bumping into me so often that I'm surprised that I don't have bruises. 

And btw, hobbit-sized girls like me also like heavy music and want to enjoy a concert without having to wear a full-body armour to survive it. Especially when it's totally possible if people just keep in mind that other people want to enjoy the gig too. 

It's not gonna happen, but I'd love for them to do a show in Lund, Helsingborg or Malmö.

On 10/28/2019 at 4:00 PM, SamB12 said:

You have an account on the bands forum but you are not sure if you will attend a show on the upcoming tour?

this does not make sense to me..

I have already seen Nightwish live (2x with Anette and1x  Floor). I'm clearly a fan and love them but, tbh, they aren't my favourite band (that's Within Temptation). 

I registered on this forum because of it being quite active and I love the idea of having such place for (Symphonic) Metal lovers. 

My friends usually listen to pop music only. I'm the Black sheep of the pack and this forum helps me to interact with other people enjoying Symphonic Metal as well as getting news from bands which aren't easy to get + I even get introduced to new music. 

I love NW + Tarja and NW + Anette and even though I consider Floor to be an amazing vocalist, her voice doesn't really do it for me (in the sense that I'm not blown away by her tone). Also, "Endless Forms Most Beautiful" is my least favourite NW album. Thus, I will wait for the material to decide on the upcoming tour. 

In the meantime, I'll be attending my first Tarja concert next spring (excited!) and I already pre-ordered Anette's upcoming The Dark Element release. 

@MainshowEnjoy Tarja's concert! I attended one of her christmas concerts couple of years back - she sounded absolutely amazing. It was unreal that she came to perform to my small home village. There were no empty seats in the church that evening!

About pits - I love big circle pits! Running around is so much fun when your body's heating because of a good song :D. I have never really understood pushing in mosh pits, however. I personally don't see any fun in that. But running wild is awesome. Wacken is a dreamland for anyone who wants to run run run - circle pits are huge!

21 hours ago, Mainshow said:

I have already seen Nightwish live (2x with Anette and1x  Floor). I'm clearly a fan and love them but, tbh, they aren't my favourite band (that's Within Temptation). 

I registered on this forum because of it being quite active and I love the idea of having such place for (Symphonic) Metal lovers. 

My friends usually listen to pop music only. I'm the Black sheep of the pack and this forum helps me to interact with other people enjoying Symphonic Metal as well as getting news from bands which aren't easy to get + I even get introduced to new music. 

I love NW + Tarja and NW + Anette and even though I consider Floor to be an amazing vocalist, her voice doesn't really do it for me (in the sense that I'm not blown away by her tone). Also, "Endless Forms Most Beautiful" is my least favourite NW album. Thus, I will wait for the material to decide on the upcoming tour. 

In the meantime, I'll be attending my first Tarja concert next spring (excited!) and I already pre-ordered Anette's upcoming The Dark Element release. 

Super interesting. The forum seems to be a clearinghouse where people can talk about lots of loosely related things, which is cool. For quite a while there was more discussion about Tarja and Within Temptation than about Nightwish (at least until the new album buzz picked up and the Decades vid dropped).

Is it maybe that what some people are looking for is clean vocals/head voice over chugging guitar and hard drums? I mean, I get the contrast is appealing. Floor sings with grit and distortion - a lot. Tarja and Sharon do not (as far as I know at least). Not meaning any disrespect to Floor but to put it bluntly, she sings more like a dude.

Personally, I have no problem at all with edge in a woman's voice. Hard rock and punk were more formative for me than metal, and if a woman sang with, say, the style Joan Jett had, that would be just fine with me. Rocker chick. Got it.

The cleans can be just great, but to me, I've heard plenty of opera and clean voice singing by plenty of gifted singers and while I like it, I'm rarely blown away - maybe I'm a bit jaded to it. Taste truly is a personal thing. For me, the complexity of Floor's voice, and what she can do with it, is a huge draw. Just listening to the harmonic overtones in her voice is a bottomless well for me, and I can get happily lost in there. And that's before she starts singing!

But of course, to each their own, and glad both Tarja and WT are doing well.

Thank you for your comments! - I guess that Tarja and Within Temptation releasing new albums helped in creating more buzz around them. I'm pretty sure it's going to be the same with NW.. I mean the Upcoming Album thread is very active & I'm still excited about the new record... I still hope that Floor will win me over because I don't want to be one of the nay-sayers and just worshipping the old eras of NW :D - She's selling songs like "Ghost Love Score" and "The Greatest Show On Earth" to me but I guess that you're right @Figment-of-me I simply prefer "clear" voices when it comes to female lead singers. That's probably also the reason why I've become quite addicted to Epica lately. Floor is an amazing, skilled vocalists, basically a valkyrie on stage but I have always wondered why I couldn't get into her.. "her singing like a dude" is accurate but such a surprise to me! 

I'll probably end up getting a ticket for their show since they're basically playing 15 kms away from my home but I really need to get back on track first (I've listened more to WT, Tarja, Lacuna Coil, Epica, Beyond The Black, Evanescence, Lord of the Lost this year than NW.. which is strange).

22 hours ago, Figment-of-me said:

Super interesting. The forum seems to be a clearinghouse where people can talk about lots of loosely related things, which is cool. For quite a while there was more discussion about Tarja and Within Temptation than about Nightwish (at least until the new album buzz picked up and the Decades vid dropped).

Is it maybe that what some people are looking for is clean vocals/head voice over chugging guitar and hard drums? I mean, I get the contrast is appealing. Floor sings with grit and distortion - a lot. Tarja and Sharon do not (as far as I know at least). Not meaning any disrespect to Floor but to put it bluntly, she sings more like a dude.

Personally, I have no problem at all with edge in a woman's voice. Hard rock and punk were more formative for me than metal, and if a woman sang with, say, the style Joan Jett had, that would be just fine with me. Rocker chick. Got it.

The cleans can be just great, but to me, I've heard plenty of opera and clean voice singing by plenty of gifted singers and while I like it, I'm rarely blown away - maybe I'm a bit jaded to it. Taste truly is a personal thing. For me, the complexity of Floor's voice, and what she can do with it, is a huge draw. Just listening to the harmonic overtones in her voice is a bottomless well for me, and I can get happily lost in there. And that's before she starts singing!

But of course, to each their own, and glad both Tarja and WT are doing well.

Yep, I must admit that I was very disappointed with the lack of Nightwish talk when I first joined here. I follow what’s happening with Tarja or Within Temptation but they were not the reason I joined this forum. I actually joined alternatives like the facebook and discord groups because of that. Luckily now with Decades and the new album and tour coming up, things are much more active here and there is actual discussions going on. 

@icebreaker

Do you mean that some members constantly discuss topics that are unrelated to NW or even unrelated to music? I haven't noticed anything like that.

2 hours ago, whitenoise said:

@icebreaker

Do you mean that some members constantly discuss topics that are unrelated to NW or even unrelated to music? I haven't noticed anything like that.

No, there is no issue with off topic. It was just that I noticed that the Nightwish threads were very dead. The only discussion was going on in the Within Temptation and Tarja threads, which is obviously nothing wrong with as that is what their threads are there for, but wasn't that much what I was interested in discussing, as I signed up to this forum hoping to debate with fellow Nightwish fans about Nightwish. 

Well, you are welcome to start a discussion on whatever related with NW, even at periods that seem dead, there are always people visiting. I, on the other hand, don't really like facebook groups and such. I do follow some, but it seems like it is always the same topics. Singer comparisons, GLS, reaction videos, "What's your favourite album/song/video etc" and so on. Plus, when a new video or piece of news or whatever is released, you see it posteed 10 times everytime. I don't know, I find this forum far superior to anything else I've seen (at the risk of sounding elitist :P )

Well, the FB group is for a quick Nightwish hit, discord is for fun activities like Nightwish trivia games and this place is for longer in-depth discussions, so currently I feel all my Nightwish needs are being well covered. :P

But getting much off-topic now. 

I think it's also because the forum has been around for so many years, and some of us have been members and fans for a really long time, and have had the same or similar discussions many times already.

And what Imagineer said.

It's always great when new people join.

22 hours ago, icebreaker said:

No, there is no issue with off topic. It was just that I noticed that the Nightwish threads were very dead. The only discussion was going on in the Within Temptation and Tarja threads, which is obviously nothing wrong with as that is what their threads are there for, but wasn't that much what I was interested in discussing, as I signed up to this forum hoping to debate with fellow Nightwish fans about Nightwish. 

Well, I tried to be ironic, because in fact I know I am one of the members who rarely discuss NW topics, but almost anything else. However, I think it suits these kinds of forums that people can discuss other subjects as well. Those who are not interested can always ignore them.

On 10/28/2019 at 5:00 PM, SamB12 said:

You have an account on the bands forum but you are not sure if you will attend a show on the upcoming tour?

this does not make sense to me..

Well, I for one haven't even seen Nightwish live. They are not my favorite band (Amorphis and Swallow the Sun are), and I wouldn't pay 70€ to see them. I'm counting on seeing them at some festival sooner or later. I personally joined this forum a few years ago when I was getting into metal and Nightwish was one of my gateway bands. I still listen to them from time to time and follow this forum as it's nice and active.

19 hours ago, NW-forever said:

I have now tickets for Rockfest Finland wauuuu

https://www.rockfest.fi/in-english/

This might be an option, Tampere is only one and a half hours away from me. :P Gotta wait for more band announcements though, and I'll likely end up going to John Smith festival again, can't beat that!

On 11/8/2019 at 5:00 PM, Imaginarium said:

This might be an option, Tampere is only one and a half hours away from me. :P Gotta wait for more band announcements though, and I'll likely end up going to John Smith festival again, can't beat that!

When I heard Nightwish will play somewhere in Finland, I immediately bought tickets, when they started selling 7.11. I don´t care , what other bands there will be. But anyway this is a 3 day festival and surely I will be there every day as now I have tickets for all those 3 days. This is a nice way also to explore those other bands, that I would never see otherwise.

I have extreme luxury as this show is only 10 km from my home. Last year I drove around 1500 km to see 3 Nightwish shows (in Finland).

Other Nightwish related tickets, I have (in case you didn´t know about these opportunities):

- 7.12 Raskasta Joulua (Floor and Marco) http://raskastajoulua.com    (Tampere sold out, but there are other shows elsewhere in Finland)

- 12.12. Tarja Turunen http://www.meteli.net/tapahtuma/324759 (Also shows elsewhere available)

45 minutes ago, NW-forever said:

When I heard Nightwish will play somewhere in Finland, I immediately bought tickets, when they started selling 7.11. I don´t care , what other bands there will be. But anyway this is a 3 day festival and surely I will be there every day as now I have tickets for all those 3 days. This is a nice way also to explore those other bands, that I would never see otherwise.

I have extreme luxury as this show is only 10 km from my home. Last year I drove around 1500 km to see 3 Nightwish shows (in Finland).

Other Nightwish related tickets, I have (in case you didn´t know about these opportunities):

- 7.12 Raskasta Joulua (Floor and Marco) http://raskastajoulua.com    (Tampere sold out, but there are other shows elsewhere in Finland)

- 12.12. Tarja Turunen http://www.meteli.net/tapahtuma/324759

Oh, now I noticed that Rockfest is in the beginning of June. I probably can't go then but we'll see. As a student I can't plan my life that far anyway. :) Would love to have Nightwish at John Smith rock festival but that's probably too small for them? This year's headliners were Amaranthe, Arch Enemy and Amorphis, so quite big but smaller bands. But the festival area is really nice and I personally like a smaller place. And there are buses from Jyväskylä. :P 

Thanks for the other tips as well. Raskasta Joulua isn't really my cup of tea. That Tarja concert seems cool, but pretty hard to go to. 

I would put my mortgage on Ghost Love Score featuring at every show Nightwish play this tour, and probably all future tours, ad infinitum.  It's their glorious signature show-closing epic.  I for one would be gutted if they didn't play it when I see them in Cardiff....

40 minutes ago, Essexboyinwales said:

I would put my mortgage on Ghost Love Score featuring at every show Nightwish play this tour, and probably all future tours, ad infinitum.  It's their glorious signature show-closing epic.  I for one would be gutted if they didn't play it when I see them in Cardiff....

I hope for your sake they play it in Cardiff then. :)

I hope for my sake they do not play it here in the USA tour.  I would like to hear some other songs.

Alas I am sure you are right and they will play this on every show...now and forever.  

2 hours ago, Essexboyinwales said:

They will, it's written in the stars:laugh:

Could be, could be.

What a great problem to have, being compelled to perform your signature song!

They could rewrite it with a new title. Some ideas: The Ghost of My Love Score; Ghost-Love? Score!; Give Up The Ghost-Love-Score. Or more directly, Love-Hate Score.

In truth I'd love to see this performed in person but I'd hate for them to resent having to provide the experience.

[Edit: That Ghost Loves Floor. Sorry couldn't resist!]

Clearly not likely to happen, but I would die for Ghost Love Score to be replaced with The Poet and the Pendulum, I just want to see that one SO BAD. But yeah, I understand there can be people who would love to hear GSL aswell and that's what's going to happen for sure. I don't think it will be fixed permanently though, maybe on  a couple of legs but not on every show