Sign in to follow this  
Imagineer

Nightwish World Tour 2020

193 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, i-slander said:

I Want My Tears Back should never leave the setlist, I personally think it fully represents what Nightwish is nowadays, folky yet heavy and uplifting. The crowd always gets carried away and fires up because it's entertaining and catchy. I never find myself saying "oh not this song again" when that guitar riff starts.

I couldn't agree more, it's a wonderful live song!

25 minutes ago, i-slander said:

I Want My Tears Back should never leave the setlist, I personally think it fully represents what Nightwish is nowadays, folky yet heavy and uplifting. The crowd always gets carried away and fires up because it's entertaining and catchy. I never find myself saying "oh not this song again" when that guitar riff starts.

Absolutely agree.  A song that I never really cared for on the album...but live, it's magnificent.  It needs to stay :)

27 minutes ago, i-slander said:

I never find myself saying "oh not this song again" when that guitar riff starts.

The times I've seen Nightwish live are the literally some of my defining lifetime moments, and I swear by God Almighty that I involuntarily literally looked at my watch at some points during this damned song.

On the other hand, I was literally rolling on the floor crying in Gethsemane so I might not be a referent in audience reactions.

43 minutes ago, i-slander said:

I love IWMTB (I prefer it over My Walden), I agree with what you said (it's very entertaining and uplifting) but my main problem is that I'm not a fan of Floor's rendition (well, it's the same with most of the Anette era songs for me, with some exceptions of course). I prefer her singing My Walden than IWMTB. Besides it has been played non-stop for three tours in a row. Then again, I know I'm in the minority here.

37 minutes ago, Ahasverus said:

The times I've seen Nightwish live are the literally some of my defining lifetime moments, and I swear by God Almighty that I involuntarily literally looked at my watch at some points during this damned song.

On the other hand, I was literally rolling on the floor crying in Gethsemane so I might not be a referent in audience reactions.

Well, Gethsemane is a far superior song, so I most certainly understand your reaction.  

As to the wider audience...I just know that everyone tends to get really hyped up for IWMTB, which makes for a fun live experience.

1 hour ago, Ahasverus said:

I wonder why! I barely see a positive comment of yours in this forum

I do not want to sound as imposing or stopping discussion, god knows you have right to discuss things you like, but I would suggest to mods to move this discussion to a separate thread about setlist propositions? I kinda like to check this topic to see if there's news on European dates being added, and the last couple of pages have kind of gotten out of hand with personal wishes regarding setlist. @Serena

5 hours ago, Baki said:

I do not want to sound as imposing or stopping discussion, god knows you have right to discuss things you like, but I would suggest to mods to move this discussion to a separate thread about setlist propositions? I kinda like to check this topic to see if there's news on European dates being added, and the last couple of pages have kind of gotten out of hand with personal wishes regarding setlist. @Serena

we would have a thousand threads if it were for every subtopic we discuss. I get your point though, I only wanted to find out anything about the new album in that thread yet all I saw for pages where political discussion and greta thunberg :rolleyes: the fastest way to find out about tour dates are always nightwish's and floor's social media

Sure, but you all seem eager to discuss personal preferences about which songs you imagine you are going to hear live, I just thought why not have it in a separate topic about ideal setlist. I am simply afraid this topic ends up as one of those "your favourite X ranked" or "my dream setlist". 

Nothing wrong with those kinds of lists and rankings, but just as some people dont want to hear GLS on the next tour, I wouldnt like to see endless pages of those lists here if there might be a more suitable topic for that. Not that my opinion obliges anyone here. 

I'm not interested in what songs should be performed on their tour or what single words are not well pronounced, but it's faster to skip over those messages in one or two threads than to read several threads mixed with the same content.

On 11/15/2019 at 2:45 PM, Essexboyinwales said:

It's your use of the word "need" which riles me slightly, but let's agree to differ over this and not have a major falling out, because it just isn't worth it, is it?:friends:

You're right, it's nothing worth fighting over. No hard feelings :D

I'd still like to elaborate a bit on my own personal opinion on why I think they "need" to go away for a while, so you can understand where I'm coming from. I love that they've been recording and releasing so many live performances ever since Floor joined. It goes a long way to make up for the long wait between new studio material, imo. If they're gonna film the upcoming tour as well, and I hope they will, I'd love to have songs immortalised with this line-up that aren't already on Showtime, Vehicle of Spirit or Decades. GLS and TGSoE alone take up half an hour and considering we've already got amazing recordings of these to watch and listen to, I would definitely prefer other songs take their place. It would also make the inevitable return to the setlist just in time for the orchestra gig in the future feel all the more grand. That being said, of course I would still greatly enjoy experiencing this live in person.

I want my tears back is really fun  live. But what surprised me was how amazing Elvenpath was! They should keep that one on the set list. When she hit the chorus and the screen behind her turned white I was like :o. It was super energetic. 

I would like to see them bring out:

Beauty of the Beast (they would never)

Phantom of the Opera (also would never but might be forced to at least once in Amsterdam)

Escapist (maybe I mean they have the lights programmed already)

Wanderlust (They probably don’t remember this song exists but it fits the themes they touched upon in the last two albums) 

Wayfarer. (Half would never but half might possibly as they rehearsed it with Anette so)

32 minutes ago, Wewerehere said:

Do we have any info as to release date of new album to accompany this tour?

April. Small chance for March too. First single in January.

10 minutes ago, Imagineer said:

Ah thanks Imagineer, that's great news.

19 hours ago, Imagineer said:

I am still crossing my fingers for a late March release.

There are no news about the North American tour yet, right? I remember they announced it in September 2014 for EFMB, and that tour happened in April 2015. Maybe they will switch US and Canada for the autumn this time?