Escapist

Epica

2,038 posts in this topic

Acoustic version of Unleashed is awesome!

A pro-recording of this can be amazing!!!

This... and the acoustic jazzy version of Storm the Sorrow are nice treats!

I love Epica and I've been a fan of them since 2005, but I follow Simone on Instagram and her "not-so-subtly-hidden" sponsorised posts for Loreal are starting to bother me. Am I the only one? I mean, I used to enjoy her make-up tutorials, but now she only posts to promote Loreal. Like, a while ago, she posted something like "Loreal's shampoo makes my hair so soft and shiny!" or something, and all the comments were about her young fans wanting to buy that shampoo.

I wish she'd have a separate account for stuff about Epica.

2 hours ago, Leila23 said:

I love Epica and I've been a fan of them since 2005, but I follow Simone on Instagram and her "not-so-subtly-hidden" sponsorised posts for Loreal are starting to bother me. Am I the only one? I mean, I used to enjoy her make-up tutorials, but now she only posts to promote Loreal. Like, a while ago, she posted something like "Loreal's shampoo makes my hair so soft and shiny!" or something, and all the comments were about her young fans wanting to buy that shampoo.

I wish she'd have a separate account for stuff about Epica.

I'd recommend not following her on instagram then. Follow her facebook instead, it's 99% about music and photography. Or if you really want only Epica stuff, just follow the Epica account instead.

Well yeah is she gets sponsorships, she has to post about them. It’s not subtle, it’s basically an ad :P That’s what she has been doing when she has free time from Epica. I don’t really get what’s weird about that.

In other news I’m now 99% certain they are releasing acoustic versions of DYU songs. Can’t wait to find out which songs they’ve chosen. 

I'd love to see them pull an "An Acoustic Night at the Theatre" and release an album full of acoustic arrangements just like Within Temptation. Don't care if it's studio or live recordings.

13 hours ago, Imagineer said:

In other news I’m now 99% certain they are releasing acoustic versions of DYU songs. Can’t wait to find out which songs they’ve chosen. 

Yeah. I have The Quantum Enigma and The Holographic Principle earbook editions (which are beautiful by the way) and their acoustic tracks are really good. Of course I would rather get new music from them but acoustic DYU songs would also be exciting.

The acoustic tracks from Holographic Principle are enjoyable and fun to listen to! The ones from Quantum Enigma are just so-so in my opinion.

But yeah, I'm more than excited to hear Design Your Universe songs in acoustic setup particularly "Burn To A Cinder" and "Design Your Universe". :D 

Hmmm so it seems like Mark is also recording vocals for the new project. So.. maybe it's not accoustic versions? Maybe they are something like the jazz version of BTM? Simone said expect the unexpected... I am in full curious mode now.

Did they say it was exclusively for Epica? Or can we expect something from Mark's Universal Metal Mind project? Too soon for this?

On 5/17/2019 at 1:30 AM, Imagineer said:

Yeah, that’s definitely Epica. All members are working on it. 

Yeah, definitely seems like it's something Epica related.

4 hours ago, Magnus said:

Maybe another collaboration similar to Attack on Titan?

I doubt that they would do another cover project so soon and I hope they would do their own stuff.