• Announcements

• WhiteRaven

Nightwish Online - Features   03/12/2017

Check out a summary of the new features and changes on NightwishOnline here: http://www.nightwishonline.com/index.php?/forums/topic/4478-nightwishonline-new-features/  
AngelWingsToDust

Within Temptation

1,689 posts in this topic

I'd love it if the next single was In The Middle of the Night, Murder or Stairway to the Skies. I have a feeling it might be Iron, though.

I think it's the best video of this era. I really enjoy it. However, I still think it hardly lives-up to "Frozen," "Memories," or "All I Need." But it is powerful.

It's Fire and Ice.

I knew it! They've been using this clip as a backdrop at their concerts, and it looks relatively expensive so it's on surprise that they wanted to release it.

I love the video for Fire And Ice! It's my favourite one they've released during this album era, and I absolutely love the song. <3

Wow, that's a gorgeous video, and I find the way the Christian imagery and the lyrics were put together interesting. Some might get upset/offended by it, especially the very end part, but looking at it from a non-Christian perspective, I don't mind it at all.

And of course, it's an excellent choice for the next single; every time I listen to that song, it gets me a bit choked up. Not sure why, but it just does. It's just that powerful.

I probably need to se it again to get it properly, but I found it very cheesy. I should watch it again.

I hope it gets people to appreciate Fire and Ice a bit more - it's simply gorgeous for me, it's my favourite song on TU along with Iron and Stairway to the Skies.

^ this song is not appreciated!!?? for whom? :blink: ....is one of the best songs of the album and I love so much the lyrics, I like love lyrics in metal songs, those are deeper and better. :) ...I love this album, its one of my favorites together with Imaginaerum and What Lies Beneath.

It is a beautiful song. "Stairway to the Skies" and "Lost" are my favorite ballads on the album though. There is not one bad song on the album IMO. Of course there are songs I like better than others, but rarely do I find myself skipping a song :D.

I love Stairway to the Skies, I wanna cry everytime I hear it, such a beautiful song, one of my favorites too.

lol - I would have voted for it, I love Fire & Ice. The Unforgiving in general really grew on me, which was a surprise, because when I first heard it, I thought: 'Oh yeah, this is the sort of album I'll be sick of in a few weeks...' Not true!

I like everything in their discography, really, though I probably listen to THoE least these days.

I never ever listen to Enter. Really tried to like it, but nope... it just doesn't anything for me. As for what album I listen to the most, I'm gonna cheat and say An Acoustic Night at the Theatre. Love it to bits.

^ For me it's exactly the other way around. Enter is my favourite, and I can't stand their later work. *still misses the old "tongue" smiley*

I never ever listen to Enter. Really tried to like it, but nope... it just doesn't anything for me. As for what album I listen to the most, I'm gonna cheat and say An Acoustic Night at the Theatre. Love it to bits.

Weird, that song introduced me to WT's music. You are talking about the song right? or the album?

I love how WT can sound different every album, but still sound WT if you know what I mean. And of course this could just be what I hear when I hear them, but I remain convinced "The Unforgiving" is no less WT than "Enter." Just an evolution of their sound and following the personal tastes of the band as each year goes on. What is exciting about that IMO is that for the next album, we have no idea what it could sound like :D. All I know, is will still be WT because there's that something that pulls each album together as a WT album.

Weird, that song introduced me to WT's music. You are talking about the song right? or the album?

The album. I find it to be rather depressing - and I absolutely hate growling.

On a side note, I just saw a pretty lousy live version of Mother Earth on TV just now, which is new to me. Within Temptation and lousy performances? o____o Maybe it was just a bad day?

It's this one:

[media]

[/media]

Yea, not their best performance. I think it has to do with the fact it's their first show since the last Theatre Tour, and Sharon is pregnant here, so she seems to have no energy. Of course, compared to some other bands, this still rocks, lol, but not among WT's best.

I found this recently and thought Sharon sounds incredible.

On a side note, I just saw a pretty lousy live version of Mother Earth on TV just now, which is new to me. Within Temptation and lousy performances? o____o Maybe it was just a bad day?

It's this one:

[media]

[/media]

She sounds on spot to me O.o

She sounds good, I thought they were referring to the overall energy of the performance. Which isn't their best. But like I said, she was pregnant, so that might be partly why.