AngelWingsToDust

Within Temptation

2,466 posts in this topic

As many people I see are fans of WT, so am I. They're one of my favorite bands and enjoy listening to their music. Currently, my favorite song from them is "Mother Earth" because I'm addicted to it. :P Other than that, their albums are awesome. ^^

As many people I see are fans of WT, so am I. They're one of my favorite bands and enjoy listening to their music. Currently, my favorite song from them is "Mother Earth" because I'm addicted to it. :P Other than that, their albums are awesome. ^^

I agree completely. I'm addicted to that song.

They just started their Sanctuary Tour which sounds AMAZING! The dresses are back, and the setlist is to die for:

422954_10150595176917986_7185342985_9241071_1522515931_n.jpg

The Last Dance

Bittersweet

Overcome

Restless

Sound of Freedom

Our Farewell

The Swan Song

Say My Name

The Promise

Caged

Jillian

Lost

Faster

Ice Queen

Stand My Ground

Mother Earth

Sinead

Starway To The Skies

Gosh, I hope they take this tour through the year, I'd love to witness it.

*.* that's really nice!!...I want to see them now!!!

WOW that is truly amazing I cant believe bittersweet , say my name ,going to be sung on stage . ohhhhhhh my god that truly FF amazing . :P

Posts merged and edited, since it was one post 3 times - WhiteRaven

Love that set list. We really need an official recording of this to be released later on!

The latest WT album, The Unforgiving, was released in March of this year and quickly topped charts across the world, most notably earning the #1 Rock Album spot in the United States.

What do you guys think about Within Temptation? Do you like the way their sound has changed? Do you find it more aggressive? Personally I like the newer ways Sharon Den Adel is using her voice. I always suspected as she got older that she'd have to use the lower parts of her voice, but I never expected her to be so inventive with it. Especially since she has no formal training whatsoever.

i like witinin temptation but i think there new sound is too pop for me

[media]

[/media] [media]
[/media]

OHHHHHH my god look what did I found on youtube :clap:

Overcome from the theater tour its soooooooo wonderful

*.* wooow!!! definitely WT is now my favorite band, they are awesome and I like a lot their style.

Although a bit soft for my ears WT are among my favorites band.Very professional people as well.You can see tthe work they 've put in every album and they constantly try to do something fresh ,like the Unforgiven.I just hope we can get a bit more sympho metal in the future :)

I just recently started getting into WT. I have a weird question: what's the best way to experience The Unforgiven? I know it's a concept album based on a comic book series, which I think is an awesome idea, but should I listen to the album first or read the comic book first?

I haven't read any comic and I looooveee the Unforgiving, so I think it doesnt matter which one is first.

I've only read the first comic (although I do own the other ones), and I really enjoy "The Unforgiving" without the story. Which is nice I think. It has the concept there, but you can thouroughly enjoy the music on its own too. Lovely album IMO :D.

However, their direction for this new Sanctuary tour is amazing, so it makes me wonder if they are simply doing this for the fans (which is awesome :D ), or if musically they might go down that route with this Highlander inspiration. Because if they do... ... that means probably Mother Earth-esque type music :D :D

I started to like Within Temptation this year. It's an awesome band with awesome music! c:

But yeah ... I didn't like the album at first. It was loud and yeah, I got an headache of the music. xD

But after some time I listened to it again and I loved it! *-* It describes my feelings so good.

Keep up the good work, WT! C:

News on the anniversary concert ... "we have a big show in Belgium, on November the 13, and we’ll celebrate 15 years of Within Temptation. Robert will be there, obviously ! (laughs) Older members will come too. We’ll show some movies we’ve made, some parts of the show will be symphonic : we’ve been around for such a long time, thanks to the fans of course, so we’ll remember with the them all the highlights of these past 15 years."

News on the next album ... "we’ve already written six songs, so we’re working fast : these six songs will be on the album and are very good. It surprises me, because sometimes it’s a real struggle to write new songs, but apparently, The Unforgiving album is quite inspiring and we’ll continue in that direction."

Source: http://www.radiometal.com/en/article/within-temptation-is-ready-for-the-next-step,74130

Also available in French: http://www.radiometal.com/article/within-temptation-prepare-la-suite,73988

Hopefully it won't be too similar to TU. I love that album and think of it as their second best, but Where is the Edge is probably my least favourite track on it because it sounds too much like it could have been on THOE instead. But I'm sure they will come up with something new and fresh. But yeah, they're not going to go all doom and gloom on us again, that's for sure. They all seem to live very happy lives so we will get lyrics about self-empowerment, hope and other positive subjects. Which is a good thing.

By the way, this has got to be the best acoustic performance of Faster so far! She finally nailed the high note in the chorus, which she used to struggle with in every other performance of the song that I've seen so far.

Speaking of struggling ... it seems that Faster is like Last ride of the day for Anette ... I just came across some videos on Youtube (Sharon den Adel's live mistakes) and I confess I find them really entertaining :giggle:

For example:

and

Within_Temptation_Photo_by_Lars_Griemelijkhuijsen.jpg

PRESS RELEASE:

The symphonic rock band Within Temptation started working together with the Dutch fashion designer Jan Boelo. The designer announced he is working on designing apparel for Within Temptation during the launch of his new clothing line “JAN BOELO Running into Headlights” at the Amsterdam Fashion Week.

Within Temptation’s lead singer, Sharon den Adel, has been involved in the design process as well. “Jan’s designs are tough looking and daring, but executed with class and a very recognizable unique style. This is something that speaks to us and suits the band and music very well,” says den Adel.

“Within Temptation’s shows are impressive and have a huge impact. This is something that inspires me as a designer. To be able to work with the band and design their clothes is fantastic,” says Boelo.

The band members already wear some of the designs on stage as they are hitting festival stages throughout Europe this summer. The band and Jan Boelo aim to finish all the designs before Within Temptation’s 15-year-anniversary show on the 13th of November 2012 in Antwerps Sportpaleis.