AngelWingsToDust

Within Temptation

2,466 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Symphoniker said:

Endless Forms most Beautiful and The Human Equation?

Well done that man! 

Other (possibly harder) quizzes are available....

Symphoniker beat me. I wasn’t even here :P

Btw I got in the group. Nothing new though :P

Oh, and if anyone didn't get the password yet, I wonder if I should pass it along. But I don't know, I must RESIST. :P

So, what happens when you play the song with Shazam working? Does it just confirm the featured singer or is there any more information? I tried to do it, but it's not working for me for some reason.

It just says Within Temptation - The Reckoning feat. Jacoby Shaddix. Nothing more. When I did it it worked only after the middle of the sample. 

3 hours ago, Imagineer said:

It just says Within Temptation - The Reckoning feat. Jacoby Shaddix. Nothing more. When I did it it worked only after the middle of the sample. 

Thanks. Well, for now it's still the same old Within Temptation. I was firmly on the front of "it's not a name change and Resist (Temptation) is just gonna be the name of the album or something like that", but, the thing is, the admins of the secret group keep referring to RT like it's indeed the new name of the band.

I still think it could be a stunt, but I'm not sure of anything anymore. Maybe a temporary gimmick, like Ziggy Stardust for that matter? Maybe they we're actually forced to do it for some legal reason (Donttearmedown raised that possibility when I asked them). What do you people think? I guess we'll have to wait and see. Things should be clearer om the 14th. Just you be prepared to go to a concert of Resist Temptation (and yes, I know they promoted the new tour as WT and it would be very confusing to do it now, but never know). :P 

I am 100% positive they are not changing their name. Everything still says WT in their new page (except from the RT logo). I also don’t believe the new album is called Resist. This is just a marketing slogan let’s say to promote the theme of the album imo. 

13 minutes ago, Imagineer said:

I am 100% positive they are not changing their name. Everything still says WT in their new page (except from the RT logo). I also don’t believe the new album is called Resist. This is just a marketing slogan let’s say to promote the theme of the album imo. 

I was, too. But they keep calling themselves RT in the secret group. Like, they posted the rules of the group and said we should only talk about RT related stuff, and not other bands. Also, we shouldn't compare band members from different eras of RT (that one is the most telling to me). I mean, it surely could be a gimmick, but it makes me considerably less sure. The fact that WT still shows on many other places, however, is a strong counterpoint.

It’s a stunt. And Don’t Tear Me Down is a cool fan page but definitely unreliable. They keep posting rumors and making them sound like they are real. I’m not only talking about the last days. 

25 minutes ago, Imagineer said:

It’s a stunt. And Don’t Tear Me Down is a cool fan page but definitely unreliable. They keep posting rumors and making them sound like they are real. I’m not only talking about the last days. 

Oh, sure. I don't just buy what they say, but their hypothesis of there being some legal dispute over the name sounded in the realm of possibility (though I'd still say it's unlikely). 

Yeah, it's probably a stunt, but, at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they temporarily start calling themselves RT just to promote the album in a Ziggy Stardust kind of way, though still legally being WT. That sounds possible to me.

Also very curious if those lyrics are real. The chorus seems like it would be sung with the same melody of the pre-chorus, but some parts of it don't really fit to me. The "red tears" stuff, I have no idea how it's supposed to sound. Could just be fake, anyway, but I'm really curious and hyped.

Within a secret facebook group, there's no need to resist all temptation to NOT re-name your dearest band to whatever you want!

My re-naming would be something like the 'Windmill Whackers'. That has quite a different and BETTER punch than WT. But I do prefer names with just one word................much more powerful, like.............the Cheeseslashers or the Droppers.

I'm wondering if they can keep this hype and attention seeking up till the middle of next year....................:P 

I will buy you all a round of freshly pressed new WT releases if they change their name!

12 hours ago, Serena said:

On Friday we'll know..... something! :D

Maybe they will reveal new album details too... I hope so... 

Somebody already said it in this page! :D

You have to enter a key word