AngelWingsToDust

Within Temptation

2,466 posts in this topic

Anyone bought tickets for the Amsterdam shows? I have a question about the booking process.

So I've apparently been accepted into the group despite never entering any password. I guess my application was still submitted... and the password thing is more of a ploy? Anyway, I'm kinda excited for Friday. 

27 minutes ago, NeoGeorg said:

So I've apparently been accepted into the group despite never entering any password. I guess my application was still submitted... and the password thing is more of a ploy? Anyway, I'm kinda excited for Friday. 

I think it's just a cute gimmick to get fans talking about their new single/album/tour/whatever, so it make sense to slowly just let everyone in the group. Especially because it doesn't really have any new info... 

Can't wait for Friday either, I really liked the preview 

Maybe we'll be able to listen to the single on Thursday in the group or early this friday.

According to Dtmd the album will be indeed called Resist and will be released on December. I guess we’ll find out in a couple of days. 

If it is indeed called Resist... I’m not a huge fan. They’ve had much more inspired album titles. 

I can't wait! 

Since they were completely right about "The Reckoning", its release day, posted a Screenshot of the new design of the webpage days in advance, I think that's some legit information... Especially since you could find the album online on a page to purchase the album. 

I would have been happy to get the album before my attending their concert in late October but I guess, an early Christmas presenton 14th December ain't bad either xD 

So now I’m wondering if this will actually be a new album tour or not. Since I won’t know the album I don’t think I’d want them to play like 8 new songs or sth. 

2 hours ago, Imagineer said:

So now I’m wondering if this will actually be a new album tour or not. Since I won’t know the album I don’t think I’d want them to play like 8 new songs or sth. 

Just consider it as a warm-up tour. It wouldn't be the first time a band has done something like that. Yes, they will probably play new songs, but just the singles that would have come out up until then. Therion did something similar. They played songs from Beloved Antichrist before the album was released. Hell, even Metallica tends to do that too. 

Yeah I know other bands do it too. But since th album will have been released by the end of the tour I could either see it being a full Resist tour or a warm up tour as you say. 

Anyway I guess we’ll know more soon! Can’t wait for news to start pouring in!

Play new songs before they are released on an album? Guns N' Roses did that for, like, 7 years. :P

42 minutes ago, Imagineer said:

Anyway I guess we’ll know more soon! Can’t wait for news to start pouring in!

Me neither!! :D

I went to a concert of Dua Lipa before she released her debut album and she was basically playing "just" new songs apart from her 3 previously released singles. Tbh, I really enjoyed it because I got a lot of surprises but on the other hand, it was a bit strange because I didn't really know how to react (you don't have the opportunity to listen to a track carefully, don't know the lyrics, melodies, etc). - That being said, I am pretty sure WT won't treat this as an album tour. Maybe "Raise", "The Reckoning" and two or three other tracks which will probably end up being released on the "The Reckoning" single/ep as demo versions.

Btw, do you think the album cover/artwork will be revealed on Friday when the album will be up for pre-order?

25 minutes ago, Mainshow said:

Btw, do you think the album cover/artwork will be revealed on Friday when the album will be up for pre-order?

Maybe yes!! :)

1 minute ago, Serena said:

Maybe yes!! :)

That would be great! + I would love to see Sharon on the cover. I think "The Heart Of Everything"'s cover is absolutely stunning and well-thought. "Enter" looks fine, too.

1 minute ago, Mainshow said:

I think "The Heart Of Everything"'s cover is absolutely stunning and well-thought.

Same here!! :D

11 hours ago, Imagineer said:

If it is indeed called Resist... I’m not a huge fan. They’ve had much more inspired album titles. 

But "Hydra" sounds more uninspired to me though. lol.

6 hours ago, Mainshow said:

I think "The Heart Of Everything"'s cover is absolutely stunning and well-thought. "Enter" looks fine, too.

Yeah... I like that album cover too. It's the best album cover they have if you ask me.

I know why I'm not in this secret group.....There is nothing 'secret' and new there...Lol

While you all can't get out of this hype, I will go out and enjoy the lovely fresh summer air this morning......Ahhhhhh.......to be free...... 

5 hours ago, catsAreLiquid said:

But "Hydra" sounds more uninspired to me though. lol.

Yeah... I like that album cover too. It's the best album cover they have if you ask me.

Really? I definitely think Hydra is more inspired. Resist sounds generic as hell. And I usually dislike album titles that are verbs. I dunno why :P

Well, names have never been their strong point. I meaaan, who names their band Within Temptation? :P