OneOfTheLostOnes

Battle Beast

98 posts in this topic

Hailing from the southern edge of Finland, BATTLE BEAST represents the traditional Heavy Metal sound. Delivering crunching riffs, high screams, blistering solos and powerful choruses - in one word: Power.

Starting in the year 2008 BATTLE BEAST's journey has taken the band quickly to the consciousness of the metal scene. Winning the W:O:A Metal Battle, Radio Rock Starba and appearing in the Finnish Metal Expo were some of the early highlights of the band's career.

Fueled by its rocket-like rise to fame, the band soon landed a recording deal with HYPE RECORDS in late 2010. The fruit of the new synergy was soon to be shown.

Released in April 2011, the band's debut album STEEL hit the Finnish album charts at #7. Also the album's two singles, "Show Me How to Die" and "Enter the Metal World", both gained heavy rotation on the Finnish radio waves. Even the press greeted the album with open arms - the

reviews for STEEL ranged from very good to excellent in almost every noteworthy media.

Although released only in Finland, the album was quick to make waves abroad as well.

All the rumors and expectations were finally redeemed in November, when an extensive licensing deal with the dominating global metal power, NUCLEAR BLAST was announced. The international release of STEEL is therefore to happen in early 2012.

The past summer saw the band touring extensively in their native Finland and appear on some of the country's biggest festivals. In November the band will head on a seven date German tour supporting POISONBLACK. The rest of Europe will get their taste of Finnish Steel in spring of 2012, when BATTLE BEAST takes the honor of supporting NIGHTWISH on their European tour. The tour will span total of 20 gigs in 13 countries all over continental Europe.

The journey has just begun...

battle-beast.jpg

I'm looking forward seeing them supporting Nightwish in Amsterdam. And look at the awesome singer :)

nitte-valo.jpg

..It seems they want to be ahead of everyone's opinion, and they often describe themselves as 'the ugliest band in the world'.

Still they got me very curious and i'm not so much looking forward to see them, as to hear them. :)

Even though they made a song called 'Enter The Metal World', I think they can get away with it. Her vocals make this band special, and I'm wondering how it will work out live

Going to be interesting to see them live. I love "Enter The Metal World" but the video for that song is a bit weird.

Sorry for double post. :)

Now, after seeing them live yesterday evening, I can say that they are a very good live band.

I saw them in the concert, loved her skirt! :victory:

I saw them last week, and I really loved them! What a voice she has! Made me think of Janis Joplin...

They sound better live than on cd.

Wow, yesterday BB just blew me away! I mean, NW was good of course, but these guys were really a surprise, as I had not heard anything of them before the concert. And I realised only halfway through their set that the singer was a woman! What a voice!

Ah, Battle Beast... I've been a huge fan for over 2 years now. Their demos really blew my figurative hat to the outer space and I kind of listened to them way too much. For change it's been nice to have been able to watch them rise to greater, well deserved fame. :D The only downside this far was that at the time I saw them live they concentrated on the album and excluded those demo songs which aren't featured on it - many of which I had learned to love. And I'm not calling the album bad...

Eagerly waiting for new releases and gigs.

Omg, I just noticed their album Steel is FULL of references to the anime/manga series Berserk! Band of the Hawk, Griffith the White Hawk, The Black Swordsman, Slayer of Hundred Men, Raid Leader Guts! Awesome! ^^

First gig with new singer was 27th of October in On the Rocks.

But that was a practical deed from the guys. The dogs were shedding too much hair, and in order to prevent all their clothes from getting covered with the shedded hairs, the guys took their clothes off. Hahahaa!

Battle Beast will release a new album titled "Battle Beast" after some two weeks. Here is Nima´s praising review of the album in Lords of Metal. He says: "Battle Beast is a rising star in the heavy metal heaven." I agree and will certainly buy their second album as well.

http://www.lordsofme...s/view/id/24521

Battle Beast´s self-titled second album "Battle Beast" has gained # 5 position on the Finnish album charts. Congratulations, guys and girl!

Their gig yesterday in Klubi was totally amazing. I was totally surprised how much people there was. The show was at least nearly sold out and the audience was fantastic. Absolutely the best concert which I've seen from them. Last time I saw them in Tuska last year and they were really good but this time, it was totally insane. I thought there would be less people but it was really nice surprise to see that much people enjoying their show. 

A great live band, indeed. I saw them live last June @Tavastia and I must say Battle Beast are one of those bands who are capable of blowing out the roof of the building.

Btw. here is a rather recent interview (with english subtitles) with Noora and Anton revealing that the songs for their 3rd album are ready and they are waiting for the recordings to begin. Keeping in mind that their 2nd album was released barely 8 months ago, so they are really turning on the heat now. 

[media]

[/media]

I just made a listening to this band's first album and wow... I was surprised on how good this band is! The former vocalist was amazing.. totally kicking! I even thought that the singer was a high-pitched male singer 'cause she's just amazing and I was happy to discover this band.

I never heard the new singer and the new album yet. But I'll be following this band since now on.