OneOfTheLostOnes

Battle Beast

98 posts in this topic

Seeing Nitte + Noora singing together was such an incredible surprise! Wish I could have been there in person.

Today I listened Battle Beast and they're good. I like their new singer more than the former vocalist. I'm waiting how they will sound in their next album without Anton.

Beast In Black line-up announced:

Yannis Papadopoulos, lead vocals
Anton Kabanen, guitar, vocals
Kasperi Heikkinen, guitar
Máté Molnar, bass
Sami Hänninen, drums

The lead vocalist is this guy I guess

[media]

[/media]

Cool power metal voice :good:

https://www.facebook.com/beastinblackofficial

Yeah, he has good voice, thanks for this info!

By the way, should we do a topic for Beast in Black?

Finland has got some really cool bands!!! Nightwish, Amorphis, and Battle Beast. Battle Beast has the great 80's metal sound. Unholy Savior is very good.

Man, I was super late in hearing Anton was ousted. I  personally think that Nitte's talent is wasted in Burning Point, I think it would be like a perfect reset if Anton and Nitte worked together again.

^ Not going to happen in practice but theoretically it would be perfect. I agree that Nitte in Burning Point is another proof of a great vocalist not able to save mediocre music (at least what I've heard until now).

Btw, Battle Beast are going to release their fourth studio album at the beginning of 2017. I have my doubts about Anton not being the song writer anymore, but on the other hand it's a possibility for the band to try new things. At least they have a firm ground to build on due to stellar first three albums. We'll see.

Same here. I like it too after first listen. I'd say based on this song I'm optimistic towards the new album without the old song writer.  :)

I like them very much! They just do good music and having fun. When I listen to Battle Beast my mood always becomes good.

Saw them live 4 months ago. They are very nice and good people.

The first time I didn't like them but now I think it is a very good and interesting band.

80's music lives! :P This song is gonna be awesome live!

Hmm. I like the first song more than this one after just one listen. It's actually not very memorable or catchy to me. But that can change with more listens!

Edit:

Listened a few more times.

Yep. Catchy.  :music:

^ Not going to happen in practice but theoretically it would be perfect. I agree that Nitte in Burning Point is another proof of a great vocalist not able to save mediocre music (at least what I've heard until now).

Btw, Battle Beast are going to release their fourth studio album at the beginning of 2017. I have my doubts about Anton not being the song writer anymore, but on the other hand it's a possibility for the band to try new things. At least they have a firm ground to build on due to stellar first three albums. We'll see.

When I get a hold of a TARDIS, one of the things I would make sure to do is re-unite Nitte and Anton to save the world from the black hole created from their exile. In a perfect world, Battle Beast can continue as their own and Beast In Black would be like the first album... WHY NOT?! It's not fair!  :(

By the way, I like the new Battle Beast sound, but the guitars need to impress me on the album. I'll follow them still.

---

This is the old magic that won the Wacken metal competition, guys.

Yeah, BB haven't lost catchiness in the absence of Anton, it's better than i thought. Those two new songs are definitely growers, but I don't know whether it's my prejudice against something slightly different that plays games with me, but it's not quite the same as before. Agreed, I need more guitars too. 

Btw that "Iron Hand" is my all time favourite of Battle Beast. Holy Moses, some astonishing sounds from a female singer :horns: .

everytime i hear nitte i think of ronnie james dio. it makes me very happy to know his style of vocal is still alive and well in nitte. i truly wish battle beast the best of luck...love their 80's metal vibe. noora is a great singer also! nitte is a special one though...much like RJD...so i love listening to her on the old songs. the music was more raw and edgy too...i think?

These track by track videos are...interesting...

:P

Just came here to say that I freaking love their new album, what a fantastic surprise! A lot of good old power metal in there and Noora is such a talented singer!

The five first tracks are my favorites  :music:

So I listened Bringer of Pain and they definetly know what they're doing :D

"Bringer of Pain" is pretty awesome.  I think "Unholy Savior" remains my personal favorite, but this new one's just so incredibly catchy and fun!  I think my favorites are the title track because it's just a fantastic straight ahead power metal song, and "Lost in Wars" because...well, it's awesome, that's why. :P