Sign in to follow this  
Stargazer

Imperia

7 posts in this topic

Imperia is a symphonic gothic metal band from the Netherlands. The band's lead singer, Helena Iren Michaelsen, was the former lead vocalist of the symphonic metal band Sahara Dust (aka Epica).

imperia.jpg

Band website: http://www.helena-michaelsen.com/

Discography:

The Ancient Dance of Qetesh (2004)

Queen of Light (2007)

Secret Passion (2011)

I created this topic because I fell in love with the 2011 album Secret Passion. It's really quite a step up from a lot of the songs from their previous albums. I highly recommend this band, and here is a song from the new album to get you started if you're interested:

[media]

[/media]

Oh, someone else who likes Imperia! I stumbled across them while on grooveshark one cold, wintry evening, and really enjoy their music. Secret Passion might be my favorite album of theirs, I adore the song "Let It Down". I like the delicate manner some of their music possesses - I think it is partly due to Helena's voice.

They have released a new song (Crossroads) from the forthcoming album, 'Tears of Silence'. The album is due to be released on the 20th of November.

I've just read a post about the singer of this band and her story with some sort of mafia or something like that. A group of people kidnapped her little child and now the poor kid is part of a paedophile network and she's desperately trying to get her back. Do you know if that's true?? It seems pretty awkward to joke around with such things like that.

I read the info in Spanish so I don't know if it's useful to post it here.

^ Earworm of the month of January 2019. A bit cringey lyrics but an excellent single. I like it.

Never paid any attention to this band but after listening to few of their songs, one really grazy one stands out.

Imperia - The Calling: