dragonprincess

Imaginaerum World Tour 2012-2013

2,367 posts in this topic

Might be useful to have a overall topic for the upcoming tour... For dates, always take a look at nightwish.com. :)

So... are you going to see them? And if yes, where do you see them next year?

Well, first of all, in the recent interview to Ilta Sanomat Ewo (NW manager) said something in the vein of touring plans lasting till the summer 2013 (I guess, they have lots of offers, that's why). And Tuomas has also mentioned that nothing is fully decided regarding the time when Imaginaerum tour will end, so they'll see. And we'll see too :)

Then, when I was browsing Troy Donockley's official site yeasterday I saw his post about this tour spreading everywhere, even to India! He also said that UK tourdates will happen in August or so.

As for me, I know for sure that I'll visit 2 Russian shows in March, tickets are already bought :) Still thinking about a Ukrainian show too. There's also a huge possibility for me to get to Helsinki show also in March, and also to the Prague one in April, but everything really depends on money. If not European shows, than I'll definitely try and invade Finland during the summer, 'cause it looks like NW will again strike every musical festival they can fit into their schedule :)

This time it looks like they are skipping Portugal, at least for now, but I couldn’t bare the thought of not seeing them live this tour. So I decided to go to 3 of their shows next April. I’ll be going to Paris, Lyon and Milan.

Already bought the tickets, booked the flights and hotels. I’m not sure I’ll survive it, my French is rusty and my Italian a bit limited, and I’ll be travelling throughout France and Italy for 17 days (since I’m there, I take the opportunity to see the countries), but I’m trying not to panic about it. So, who else is coming? :)

I'll be attending the concert in Gothenburg. Really looking forward to it!

The US dates aren't out, but I bet they'll return to Massachusetts. They filled a decent-sized venue (holding at least a few hundred people) back in August 2008, and maybe they'll get even more this time around. If they play their cards right and get a good opening act like they did in 2008 (Sonata Arctica was opening and they did a superb job), it will be a night myself, the fans, and the band themselves won't regret.

And of course I'll be there. Hopefully it's in Worcester again.

On my list: Amsterdam, Düsseldorf, Vorst (Brussels) and Luxemburg. I'd like to attend Helsinki as well, but I'm a little late I guess, good seats already taken. Maybe also some UK show, depends when the dates are :)

I wonder if it's at all realistic to believe that Nightwish will ever play a concert in South Africa. We had the pleasure of seeing Ensiferum play here last year, Blind Guardian in 2007 and we will see In Flames in 2012. What's stopping Nightwish from coming here? They have a massive fan base in South Africa. :)

The new song is I want my tears back. I love that song!

I was kind of hoping they would remove "The Poet and the Pendulum" from their setlist. Not that it's a bad song, but that's 14 minutes they could use to play "Ghost Love Score" and another, better song.

I guess I'll live.

Waiting for US dates. I really hope in May-August they'll come here. Summer works best for me :D. And I really hope they have a good setlist. I want to hear Ghost Love Score live just once.

It's interesting that TPATP is back in the setlist. I suppose that the band really do love the song and so do most of the fans. It's the best song of DPP, so it's not bad to see it back, just really strange. Perhaps they plan on playing longer shows this time around as opposed to playing lots of shows. Of course it could be that TPATP is going to be performed as a one off for the show in California. Usually the big concerts (e.g Hartwall) have longer setlists than other shows. Will be interesting to see which of the other longer songs, if any get played this time around. I'm guessing that if Song of Myself gets played, it will be chopped in half, or if they do the whole thing, maybe Troy, Marco and Anette could read the poem live. Otherwise I really don't see them doing it at all.

IWMTB and LOTW are not surprise choices. Troy will be there the whole tour, so they're going to put him to good use. I'd say they'll most definitely perform "The Islander", "The Crow, The Owl and The Dove" and "Turn Loose the Mermaids" sometime throughout the tour. Anyway, I'm sure it'll be a great show no matter what. All I'm hoping for is to see "Wish I Had An Angel" ditched as the final song of the setlist and replaced with "Last Ride of the Day."

All I'm hoping for is to see "Wish I Had An Angel" ditched as the final song of the setlist and replaced with "Last Ride of the Day."

I agree! Tired of hear WIHAA as the final song. Last Ride of the Day would be perfect for that place.

Waiting for US dates. I really hope in May-August they'll come here. Summer works best for me biggrin.png. And I really hope they have a good setlist. I want to hear Ghost Love Score live just once.

Waiting for the US dates too, but we typically don't get those summer dates. That, of course is the big festival season in Europe, so it's usually the "dead zone" for metal in the States. I'm expecting Spring and/or Fall.

Would have liked to go to the LA opener, but gotta save my frequent flier miles for other things this year. I'll definitely hit two or three east coast shows. NYC definite. Philly probable. Worcester, MA likely. I hope they don't play Poughkeepsie again.

I agree! Tired of hear WIHAA as the final song. Last Ride of the Day would be perfect for that place.

I'm tired of it as well. I wouldn't even mind if they dropped it altogether actually. Last Ride of the Day would be a perfect closing song, imo.

Two shows for me so far. Let's see if I can go to a couple of shows somewhere else, but given the prices, it might not be possible! :(

Considering that their current set of dates ends in May and the festival season begins in June, that's probably a no.

^i hope you are right since it will be a good oppurtunity for me to see them live in London in the fall!