dragonprincess

Imaginaerum World Tour 2012-2013

2,367 posts in this topic

As we know, Nightwish is previously known to play one or more secret gigs before opening the official tour. The Karjalainen (Joensuu, Finland) newspaper told on Oct 24. 2011 that one of such secret gigs will happen "somewhere in Califoria" before the tour opening gig at the Gibson Amphitheatre at Universal City on Jan 21.

Now our friends at Oceansouls of America (OSA) fanclub have found out about a suspicious Finnsih band called "Rubber Band of Wolves" booked at the Key Club on Thursday, Jan 19. 2012. Tickets only $13 available here.

If you look at the band's poster on the Key Club website, it may look familiar to you. Based on the above mentioned things and on some additional hints from a well known Finnish manager to look for a band with that name playing around LA in mid-January, it'd be suffice to say a small risk in one's life might pay off... But there is no guarantee, as all inquiries have met a wall of silence and Google knows nothing about any band under this particular moniker. But would the famous Key Club book a garage band from Finland??? <_<

So, it's all speculation about the identity of this band, the judgement will be your own. :)

Hopefully, there will be guys going to the gig so we'll found.. Even if the ticket is cheap, can;t afford the journey till there..:( I'd have to cross an Ocean.

Yeah, they did three secret gig during the beginning of DPP-tour. Natchwasser in Tallin, Natuvissyset in Helsinki and Sushi Patrol in Hamburg.

I'm still hoping they'll do a "secret" gig in Tavastia or some smaller place in here before they go to LA <_<

Well, Battle Beast are playing at Tavastia on Thu, Jan 13. 2012. starting at 21:30 which sounds exceptionally early for that venue. As they'll be openers for Nw on the upcoming European tour, maybe they'll have a surprise... :rolleyes: ...but that'd be more like wishful thinking, I suppose :ph34r:

The Enigma: If you look at Tavastia's page, nowdays bands starts quite early... But yes, I agree. That would be a huge surprise.

Lucky people in LA :(. I would so go to both of them if I lived out there. I wish they would have squeezed in a secret gig on the east coast before that big show.

I have pit tickets to the Universal show and went ahead and bought tickets for Rubber Band of Wolves..... here's to hoping it ends up being the secret show :)

I wish for Australia, preferably Brisbane or the Gold coast. since I can't go to Sydney or Melbourne

If they come to Queensland, I'd hazard a guess most likely Brisbane, as they played The Tivoli in the Valley on the DPP tour. If the marvellous happens and they do come to Oz, probably see you at a Brisbane gig.

I too have a pit ticket to the LA show, but I don't get out there until 9:30PM on the 19th :unsure:

Does anyone know exactly what time to be there for the Pit ticket? I bought mine back in March, and the only option given was the whole early entry/meal/other random things I can't remember. Really, I just saw Nightwish and US and booked it before looking any farther.

Oh, I guess I will see Nightwish on this tour as they're performing in Provinssirock in here. Though I wonder when they will add that one to their up coming gigs on NW.com as it is not listed there yet

I am trying to persuade my husband to go to Budapest for the weekend so we can see them there! Haven't been there before but my sister loved it and it's a great excuse for a break abroad! Can anyone tell me where the Budapest Arena is in relation to the city centre?

To those (night)wishing for an Australian tour, as per the interview conducted by my mate Anwar (linked here) the band love Australia and plan to be back late this year, early next year.

As for me, I'm getting SUPER EXCITED!!! Fly from Brisbane to LA in two weeks, seeing Nightwish in LA then flying down to Miami to see them another two times on 70000 Tons of Metal!

To those (night)wishing for an Australian tour, as per the interview conducted by my mate Anwar (linked here) the band love Australia and plan to be back late this year, early next year.

As for me, I'm getting SUPER EXCITED!!! Fly from Brisbane to LA in two weeks, seeing Nightwish in LA then flying down to Miami to see them another two times on 70000 Tons of Metal!

Thanks for the link, sounds promising. Looks like we'll have a bit of a wait, but it'll be worth it.

I am trying to persuade my husband to go to Budapest for the weekend so we can see them there! Haven't been there before but my sister loved it and it's a great excuse for a break abroad! Can anyone tell me where the Budapest Arena is in relation to the city centre?

Well, the Laszlo Papp Arena is not quite in the city centre, but it is connected by the Red Line of the metro (5 stops from the famous parliament). I live "kinda" close to the arena, so I'm super excited about the concert!

If the DPP tour is anything to go by, I don't think we'll hear anything prior to the shows- setlists will start appearing probably after the first show on here. I doubt the band will release it beforehand, especially since they'll probably vary it slightly from venue to venue.

Yeah, we have to wait for the first show. Because their setlist are not same everytime there's no sense that band would release it beforehand.

Roadrunner Records has arranged a signing session with Nightwish on Fri, Jan 20. 6pm at the Sound Check Hollywood record store, located on Sunset Blvd about 200-300 meters east from the Key Club where the "Rubber Band of Wolves" will perform the night before... so if you'll be hanging around there since Thursday with nothing else to do, you might want to show up and meet the band here.

Nightwish Doing In-Store In Hollywood January 20!

23943.jpg

Come meet Nightwish for a CD signing at Sound Check Hollywood on Friday January 20 at 6 PM!

Stop by the store starting Tuesday, January 10 to pick up the new album Imaginaerum and get a wristband which guarantees your access to meet the band.

Event starts at 6 PM

Sound Check Hollywood

8872 Sunset Blvd.

W. Hollywood, CA 90069

(Mind you there is this "byu the CD early to get a wristband" -option which will guarantee your access to meet the band in case of a huge crowd of fans will show up. Yeah, that's the American way...)