Dark Artist

Amaranthe

198 posts in this topic

1301946404_1299570264_111.jpg

Amaranthe are the most fun thing that I've listened to in a long time.

They're a power/melodic death metal band from Sweden and Denmark. They have a definite poppy, cheesy sound that they transform methodically into tight and amazing heavy metal. Definitely worth checking out for the video alone!

[media]

[/media]

Amaranth is awesome! Among the greatest music for dancing I ever heard and Elize kicks ass! Very fun band indeed.

'Fun' is definately the word I'd choose to describe them too. Not the deepest music in the world, but sure got my head a-boppin'. Looking forward to more from them, I think they're really fresh :)

Love these guys! Been listening to their album almost non stop since finding them a week ago. Great debut and Elize is HOT!

I love Amaranthe. I find it funny that a year ago I posted "Hunger" because frankly, I enjoyed the video, and all people did was rip it apart :rolleyes: . And now people are all over Elize, lol.

Anyway, while I am not a huge fan of the image and the way they use Elize as a lady, I do enjoy the music.

Funny, at first, when their album came out, I didn't like them at all. Then, about after a month or two after album was released I decide listen to them a bit more and soon I started to like the album.

I think they're awesome and they're perfect live too. Really looking forward to their new album. I'm hoping they change their sound slightly so it's not the same thing all over again. Something a little more heavy and progressive would be great.

^ I agree. I'd love for them to get heavier and more progressive with the next album. Maybe break-out of this image they've been advertised with and create their own. Maybe they can have Alissa on a song ;).

It's a shame how their male singer isn't quite the equivalent of Elize in terms of vocal ability. His voice compliments hers well but that's about it, he doesn't really add much. If they could get a male singer who has a wider range, and that 'Disney' quality Elize has, I'd be very happy!

Never really got the hype around Elize to be honest. I find her really decent as a singer and there is nothing significant in her voice at all. And all the Amaranthe fans I know seem to always go crazy about her look and not her voice. Not that there is anything to deny there - she is haaaawt!

Also seen them live twice as a support act and I almost fell asleep over the fence each time. I remember the male singer gave me a hatefull look when they were opening for Kamelot in Oslo :P Their music is nice for a metal party or just for the lulz and I also use 'Call Out My Name' for jogging, but I find it hard to consider myself a fan. Will give their second album a chance first.

Her voice isn't particularly 'unique', so to speak. For me it has that Broadway musical quality that's commonplace in plays and movies, but I've never heard something like it in metal before. Floor is the closest thing I can think of but Elize's voice has a more delicate sound, which I like.

Anyway, while I am not a huge fan of the image and the way they use Elize as a lady, I do enjoy the music.

Yeah, they're really pushing her as a sex kitten. Not that I actively DISLIKE watching a beautiful lady, but particularly 'Amaranthine' video is almost parody-like. Way to be subtle, guys.

I don't think they're trying to be subtle at all and I don't think this band is out to make people take them seriously. They're fairly self-aware regarding their image.

This should be interesting...

Elize Ryd has posted the following update on her official Facebook page:

"Hi!! :-) Preparing and packing for departure to Gothenburg and an exclusive Video recording with... Timo Tolkki! We have recorded a song together and it sounds great. I've tried to choose dresses and hair sets for the video, i think i get it right.... i need to talk to my stylist before we decide. This will be great! I will keep you informed about this project. ;)) Hugs! Elize ♥"

In March, STRATOVARIUS and AMARANTHE will team up for a European tour.

Details and dates here: http://www.metalfrom...nthes_elize_ryd

Geez, not another action-movie-copy video. Someone must tell them that the double-bass drumming does not necessarily equal the next Resident Evil Soundtrack. And Elize again cares about how her hair looks. And someone inform Patric Ullaeus that big budget means nothing if your story is awful.

And what's with the "Cloud Atlas' Neo Soul" ending?

And the song is horrible.

God I do whine a lot :P

I agree, I really dislike the whole "action movie" concept.

Well her hair is beautiful so..

I actually think the song's catchy as most of Amaranths songs tend to have that quality, not a bad song at all. But you can tell they played it safe with the melody, I mean it kinda sounds like all the old songs combined.

^Yes you put it kinda better than me, about the song. It's just so ridiculously generic and blunt... I know some people do like this kind of songs, but I thought we had covered this "type" with the Resident Evil soundtracks :P

I like it! it's probably the only band that i love how popish-generic-mainstream-whatever you want to call it they are!

the video is ok!i've seen way better and i've seen way worse so i think i'm satisfied!

As For Elize she is pretty and she is showing it. i dont think there's anything wrong with that. most singers do it and sometimes companies make them show their good looks (Lisa from Xandria said that one reason she left was that the label wanted her and only her to be on the album covers showing her pretiness (if that's a world

:P )) and believe me i'm not one of the people who listen to Amaranthe or other bands jsut because of their pretty singer!i wouldnt even care if a singer was considered ugly if i liked her singing and the music

Elize is pretty (to say the least) ... After watching the video, I arrived (again) at the conclusion that Swedish people are quite handsome. :wub:

The melody is not spectacular, but it's catchy enough. I guess the point of "repetitive" melodies is to ensure they stick in your mind, to some extent at least.

I am not a fan of Amaranth and I find Elize just ok, but when it comes to collaborations I am really-really interested cause in 99% of such "mixtures" the outcome is rather fancy. Therefore I am really looking forward to hearing Elize with Stratovarious when the song is released.

Elize is pretty (to say the least) ... After watching the video, I arrived (again) at the conclusion that Swedish people are quite handsome. :wub:

The melody is not spectacular, but it's catchy enough. I guess the point of "repetitive" melodies is to ensure they stick in your mind, to some extent at least.

that's a stereotype I can live with haha ^_^

Yes the repetitive melody really sticks with you doesn't it?

I fear that this is the "Hunger" song of the new album :/

Amaranthe's a weird band for me... In a way some of the elements work, but huge majority of the time it just annoyes me. Generally I prefer listening to those elements separately... But sometimes, only sometimes I feel like listening to them. All that chorus sugar...

HERE is the topic... I swear I searched for this, haha.

Anyway... I love them in a weird way. They are repetitive and the screams make me feel like I'm listening to bad American metal... and Elize presence in the videos is a bit... robotic and odd... not so enjoyable... too much sex appeal much like Lacuna Coil.

HOWEVER... I love them... They are happy metal.. haha, I do love Elize's voice.. it has a pop edge which I have a soft spot for.. overall I can constantly listen to them and enjoy them.

Anyway... I love them in a weird way. They are repetitive and the screams make me feel like I'm listening to bad American metal... and Elize presence in the videos is a bit... robotic and odd... not so enjoyable... too much sex appeal much like Lacuna Coil.

I like the sex appeal. Just putting it out there haha.

Watch some live videos, Elize is very much "alive" on stage, she smiles, headbangs and all the jazz. Jake however..that man needs to work on his stage presence.