Nocturna

Game of Thrones

495 posts in this topic

Ah ha haaa, I start it, I start it!!! Mwahahahahaaaaa, y'all just got pwned by a Wildling!

Ok, so this is the thread for discussing the TV version of the Song of Ice and Fire books. As anyone who has followed the ASoIaF thread will know, I haven't exactly been jumping up and down with excitement over series 2, and series 3 has left me feeling a little wobbly about what the heck they're doing with it. But then I saw these pictures on the Daily Mail website (I know, I know...) and all is right with my life.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2209512/Game-Of-Thrones-heats-Lena-Headey-shows-tiny-waist-corset-dress-cast-shoot-season-Croatia.html

Lena = :wub: That is all. Oh, and I want the boots and dress she's wearing.

Ok, maybe I'm a teeny bit more interested in series 3 now...

Mmmm, delicious Aidan Gillen and Lena Headey pictures...

I mean, yes, very excited to see book 3 brought to screen... that is what I meant...

ETA: Also, the dress that Lena Headey is wearing seems to bear a resemblance to Margaery Tyrell's dress from last series, particularly in the design of the neckline (though obviously it is in red rather than green :P)- perhaps this is a visual clue to the increased Tyrell influence in King's Landing, following the end of the last series?

Similarly this might be a hint that we will get more scenes between Cersei and Littlefinger in the next series- hopefully they will be less irritating than their last scene, but oh well.

Although it'll inevitebly be well edited, I believe they've also recently filmed Nocturnas favourite scene in the whole series. I know that the Titancon coach trip took them to a cave...

Ahhahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa *dies* No seriously. Stop it. Any mention of caves and I might spontaneously combust with a combination of jealous rage and excitement.

Although I just went on WinterisComing for the first time in ages and ZOMG KIT IS HURT!!!! How did I not know this?!! I am a terrible, terrible human being...Kit broke his ankle and I didn't know about it. My stalking abilities are clearly failing me.

Please excuse me, must dash to Belfast in my nurses uniform...

That was the educated guess while watching it and made the most sense, not got a clue why they cut that, guess in trying to sex up the Dany arc it's theoretically going to play a part? In which case why now show the still? Urgh, I've given up explaining what they do!

So we have our Vargo Hoat but he's now called Locke and doesn't have a lisp... I'm ok with the lisp thing, happy in fact, it's ok in the book but that could've got annoying on TV. But why change the name just for the sake of it? I mean at least they had a reason to call Asha "Yara" but I see no sense in this...

Is it just me, or there's no Jhiqui in the show?

Pfsh @ Vargo. The lisp was funny. And why did they change his name?

Jhiqui is there, she's just very minor. She's the one who we see teaching Dany a bit of Dothraki early in S1, then she and Doreah start talking about what the moon is...

Yeah she was a one shot, the producers figured that was enough to keep the fans happy by having a little nod without acknowledging her properly or her ever appearing again.

See also Jeyne Poole.

Jeyne, Jeyne, it rhymes with not appearing in this show...

:P

What are they going to do when Jeyne's meant to

come back as fake-Arya... Hey Ramsey, here's your new wife! *produces crudely fashioned straw effigy with a turnip for a head, with a cartoonish face crudely drawn on it* ...it's Arya Stark, honest!

I really don't understand their reasoning for introducing so many unnecessary changes to the book plot.

come back as fake-Arya... Hey Ramsey, here's your new wife! *produces crudely fashioned straw effigy with a turnip for a head, with a cartoonish face crudely drawn on it* ...it's Arya Stark, honest!

The most popular theory regarding the absence of Jeyne seems to revolve around everyones favourite randomly added character for sexposition. If I actually trusted the writing team to think ahead I'd guess that explains her prominence from near day one.

ROS FOR QUEEN!!

Ahem. Sorry. I'll go back to my quiet corner of Esme fangirling...

ETA...apparently producers are recruiting male leg amputees for season three for a certain matrimonal encounter...I am now not watching season 3. I refuse to be traumatised again. :P

Watching season 2 now, and with Varys plotting with a certain female that Nocturna worships (and basically what Lanky said) is that i'm fairly certain Ros will take that job...Varys is talking about being her "partner" so basically, big "plotting" is afoot, and that would explain the whole "Reek is meant to know her" thing.

Reek, reek it rhymes with I'm not sure if Alfie is good in season 2 or not....can't make up my mind...

Apart from the weird ''hmm'' over how different they look, I like the Ros as Arya idea. Jayne Poole is one of the many kinda redundant characters in the books imo. Ros as Arya is just way more interesting.

^ the thing that would suck though is that you lose the whole "innocent" part of the situation, like this poor innocent girl marrying THAT. whereas Ros would be all sassy and stuff before realising "seven hells what have i gotten into now..."

Yeah, but in a fight between Ramsey and Ros, my money's on Ros! "You want to do what now? Erm, no...." *kills*

Seriously, would YOU mess with her?!

:P

The only thing that troubles me about this theory - much as I love it - is the age thing. I mean I know Arya would be older when said event happens, but not even the Bolton's would be stupid enough to look at the *ahem* fully-grown woman that is the lovely Ros and go "oh yeah, that's totally a girl of 15/however old she is at this point. Totally."

I dunno, there seem to be so many things they've impacted on by some of the changes in season 2 that at this point I wouldn't be at all surprised if Ramsey married Drogo at this point!! (And yay Jason Momoa, shoehorning himself back into every series! He's such a fanboy!!) :P

^ the thing that would suck though is that you lose the whole "innocent" part of the situation, like this poor innocent girl marrying THAT. whereas Ros would be all sassy and stuff before realising "seven hells what have i gotten into now..."

I didn't get that in the book either because Jeyne Pool was such a non-character. But I think we could get that with Ros too, we've seen her more voulnerable side in season 2. I think it could be really interesting precisely because she's not a totally helpless character otherwise, to suddenly find herself in a helpless situation.

As for the age and looks thing, I'm thinking how much I'd love it if the costume and makeup department totally outdid themselves and actually made Ros work as an older Arya. I hope they do at least. It could be very ''no way, her?!!'' kind of awsome.