• Announcements

• WhiteRaven

Nightwish Online - Features   03/12/2017

Check out a summary of the new features and changes on NightwishOnline here: http://www.nightwishonline.com/index.php?/forums/topic/4478-nightwishonline-new-features/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kristian

Wintersun

40 posts in this topic

So for him 'Time 1' was an ok-ish Demo version when it was released? Hmmm, ooookaaay.... :no:

Indeed. Time 1 sounds like an expensive production. He seems like the kind of person who would look in the mirror one day and freak out about seeing a tiny wrinkle on his face and decide he cannot show himself in public any more - even though no one else would see or care for that wrinkle.

Some people do hear voices (alone they can hear them)  :jester:

I just wonder, how many tracks do you need/one song? For me, Time is just stuffed with every noise you find and it actually makes listening painful. Much like most of Devin Townsend's work. BTW, I checked it, the actual tracks on Time are DR 8 and 9, so it isn't over compression, it's really that ridiculous amount of tracks, most of which we don't even end up hearing.

Aiming for best quality is good, but when people just end up noodling with noises, it turns on itself. This guy should focus on releasing those musical pieces he has written instead of always whining about how everything is against him.

This guy is the epithome of narcissism. I only heard (and read) but excellent reviews about Time I, and perhaps they got over his head. Luckily Wintersun are far from being my favourite band, so I could wait comfortably another ten years for Time II. Yet, it seems this guy wants everything given to him in his own hands, he does not want to work for it and clearly his oh-so-perfect music that will change the world is his only excuse. Oh, so his music is complex? I fail to see where complex = good. And as fas as I know, for example, Opeth (who make also complex music) do not have their own studio, and still manage to do excellent music, and they do not complain about anything. Clearly this guy deserves to have his reality checked.

Having your own studio doesn't make an album sound better does it? I think the biggest mistake Jari made is wanting to do everything himself. The mixing of Time I IS horrible to my ears. When the orchestrations kick in the overall volume just raises, the orchestrations are too wide, too overwhelming.  And the band sounds thin.Overall, the sound is too uneven. The Sonic Pump Studio sessions for the bonus DVD were a lot better recorded and mixed. Maybe it was not the way Jari wanted it, but they could have used these recordings instead. I don't get how they could have money for these studio sessions, but not enough money to hire a studio engineer to properly mix the album.

So, I have to ask:

Does anyone actually believe that Time II is ever going to come out?

So, I have to ask:

Does anyone actually believe that Time II is ever going to come out?

What year is it 2016. Look for it to come out sometime in 2025 or something like that.

So they announced in Facebook that they will release a new album this year... :D And it won't be called Time II.

WHAT IS "IT"

It's 2017 folks and it's going to be a great year! Time for some big Wintersun news? Yes it is!

When we said that "IT IS DONE", we did not mean TIME II, but we meant a NEW ALBUM for sure! TIME II won´t be the next Wintersun album, because of reasons you already know from past updates and interviews.

So what is IT? IT is a NEW ALBUM and it is 100% done! And no, that's not the name of the album. This album will be something new and different, but equally great or perhaps even better in some ways. Over 53 minutes of solid Wintersun material (with no intro tracks) and with a killer concept!

This album will be THE 3rd FULL LENGHT Wintersun album. We will release the name of it soon and other details like track list etc. We're gonna start putting the pieces of the puzzle together for you guys how it's going to be released and what will happen... It will be a whole new experience to enjoy a Wintersun album! It will all make sense to you very soon!

And this album is not the only thing we've done, not by a long shot! In fact your minds will be blown soon! That is a guarantee. So click the notifications ON in our Wintersun Page, if you don't want to miss out on the new Wintersun album! (Because of Facebook algorithm reach limit). THANKS GUYS!

- Wintersun

I haven't followed their interviews, but does it not being Time II have something to do with perfectionism and how Jari complained that Time I wasn't "finished" and felt more like a "demo" relative to his vision?

From Facebook: 

Tracklist:

1. Awaken From The Dark Slumber (Spring) 14:40

Part I The Dark Slumber
Part II The Awakening
2. The Forest That Weeps (Summer) 12:18
3. Eternal Darkness (Autumn) 14:08
Part I Haunting Darkness
Part II The Call of the Dark Dream
Part III Beyond the Infinite Universe
Part IV Death
4. Loneliness (Winter) 12:54
Total running time: 53:20

Yes, you guessed it! This album is our version of Vivaldi's The Four Seasons, but it hasn´t got anything to do with Vivaldi musically or with classical music. It is 100% original and solid Wintersun material! It is something new and different. Let´s just say it has a bit more darker tone overall... ;)

In case you've missed it, Wintersun has started a crowdfunding campaign: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/wintersun-crowdfunding--3#/

Supporters are supposed to donate €50 and, in exchange, they will get the Forest Package, which includes the new album (to be released in July) and a couple of other things.

There are several partial goals, the final goal being €750.000. If it is reached, Jari will finally —after years of whining about it— be able to build his own studio to record his out-of-this-world music (including, of course, Time II). I do hope the goal is reached, just to see if his future albums will have the oh-so-perfect-and-complex sound he always claims he cannot achieve when recording in third-party studios.

On 2017-03-14 at 10:45 PM, Stargazer_Voyager said:

In case you've missed it, Wintersun has started a crowdfunding campaign: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/wintersun-crowdfunding--3#/

Supporters are supposed to donate €50 and, in exchange, they will get the Forest Package, which includes the new album (to be released in July) and a couple of other things.

There are several partial goals, the final goal being €750.000. If it is reached, Jari will finally —after years of whining about it— be able to build his own studio to record his out-of-this-world music (including, of course, Time II). I do hope the goal is reached, just to see if his future albums will have the oh-so-perfect-and-complex sound he always claims he cannot achieve when recording in third-party studios.

I admire your optimism.