Devious Mischievous

Contacting the Mods

1,250 posts in this topic

I've already asked if we can have the emoticons from the original forum (the .com one). I think that one of the administrators is getting the files from one of the Finnish admins, and that we should have some forum emoticons up relatively soon. :)

Also, is it going to be changed so that our avatars and personal pictures are different, and that we MUST have a location in our profile, and will we have a little button always at the bottom of the forum that brought us back to the forum home, I really liked that. I know mojo said they're still working on the layout, so he'll have to answer these I guess.

And what are those little dots above our avatars? Why is Em's green and mine red? :P

I already figured that the dots are online and not online and since Los, i know you just LOVE being an anonymous user, it obviously makes yours always red...

unless red is for evil and green is for frog ^_^

I think it's the second thing. Also I have no idea what you're talking about. :) Also the little people icons next to our user names show whether we're online or offline, so what's the point of the dots?

oh, i didn't notice that... O_o now i'm super confused...

EDIT: I just remembered something else i wanted to ask... what does it mean when there is an unclickable "member" (as in, in the online users bit, but you can't click on it like a profile) and its Google? cause i saw "google" online but it wasn't like a member you could click...? confizzled.

The little people are add as friend, not online offline status.

Emoticons.. yes Mojo is gathering a bunch together.

Location needed.. Sure this can be changed, can't see why not.

Avatar and different profile.. from what I can tell in this newer version of forum software, they do not have ability for different. However when I return from my trip this weekend I'll work on profiles adding the questions etc people have stated they enjoyed on their profile. Will also look into the profile photo.

Edit: Location no longer a requirement

This could just be me being dense but how do you do spoiler tags on here? I was fiddling around in the aSoIaF thread (oooh matron :shifty: ) and couldn't get them to work. Would be useful as people are at differing parts in the books so to offer protection if we start discussing certain sequences.

In the writing area (third from left) is Special BB-code-list, there is spoiler-thing.

Can someone explain this "like" thing? I read the help file and it mentions stars in people's profiles, which I can't find anywhere. Maybe I misread something...?

Edit: also, all the lines on my sig are to the left even though I centered them. Help? :)

There's some problem with that centered-thing I think, you are not the only one.

The likes doedn't see as stars, I think. In the right on your profile, there's box, where is 0 neutral, likes appear to that box.

I saw that box, but what do I do if I want to "like" someone's profile? Where do I click?

I know you can "like" posts; I assumed they were two separate things, but maybe they're connected? Like, I like someone's post and then that box reads "1 like"? Is that it? :nuts:

Cool, thanks! How very facebook-y :P

I was also wondering: it being December and all, it's getting to be the time of the Forum Awards. Is it okay if we open a thread for them as usual?

And finally, Nocturna tried to register here with that name, but couldn't (presumably because our beloved troll tried to use "Nocturna" to register) and had to join with the name Wildling-Woman instead. Any chance she could get her "real" name back?

Sorry for all the questions, hihi ^_^

Some people asked in PM for some questions to fill in their profile. I've added some, if you want any others let me know. You need to edit profile to see them at the moment, if they are not filled in they do now show, Will fix that when I return next week.

oh wow... is it meant to show all the info question answers under our avatars, or can I only see that? cause i filled them out and can see all my answers under my avatar when i post...

No I just noticed that. On it

Edit: Removed for now, I need to play with settings. I might run out of time before I leave but I'll get them up when I come home. If anyone wants to think of interesting questions for the profile section now's the time and I'll get them up asap.

Just wanted to say thanks for the technical help, Mojo! I have my name back and feel complete!!

^ I just tested, they seem to work for me. Looks like works for other people too. So you have a modern browser etc?

I'm using Firefox 8.0 and still have no idea why the sig isn't changing. Joana says she just copied her sig from old forum and colour where there like in the old one. But since I changed some things from the previous forum, I had to use the editor and look... I want it red in tahoma size 10, and booyah nothing :angry:

So it shows the fonts and colours in the edit signature box? How does it look if you toggle the editing mode from the top left corner? That should show the BBCode tags.

Edit:

You could try manually inserting this BBCode if the other editor plays up:

[size=2][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][color=#ff0000] (your desired signature) [/color][/font][/size]